Sunday, September 8, 2013

Apple-stravaganza...CASology: Week 60: Apples, Mojo Monday 309

As I mentioned in my earlier post, I'm heading off soon, but...still dilly-dallying at the moment, with good reason: cards to post.  Actually, they're technically not "cards" but rather, 'ventures into trying out new projects' that are card-connected.  Whatever.  'Nuff trying to explain.

A short bit ago, some darling WPLUS9 products arrived in my mail box, and although they're *older* I'm absolutely tickled pink with them.  Today's 'projects' all feature one of my new sweeties: Pretty Patches apple die (I have the stamps too, but didn't feel ink-ish this week.  Having some stamping conundrums of late...) all because the theme at CASology this week is:  APPLES!!  Had to play...


First up: my match "box" apple cards. These are easy-peasy to make (which makes them a bit 'cas') and so cute, especially since little treat packages can fit inside.  I'm thinking I'll make a set for my niece's daycare school group.  Oops, I stand corrected: she goes to *school*, while my nephew goes to *daycare* (same place, different groups...oh, the semantics!).  I went with vintage looking papers from Anthologie and one called 'Hopscotch' (can't recall the brand), because I was feeling 'fall-ish'...


A staple at the bottom keeps the top flap secured, especially if a treat happens to find its way inside (and maybe a 'straight staple job' on the first one would help! Yeesh!)

Second up is another set of 'post card' cards, this time with Mojo Monday #309 as the sketch
 and some oh-my-goodness gorgeous paper - plum, rust, browns - from Authentique: Autumn.  NBUS -and the bonus: it's apple themed!  It's destined for my too pretty to use pile for a bit...

Here's one

and two:


Here's the duo.  Lil' Inkers mats = love!!

And finally, one card that is, for me, *CAS*...


Hope you enjoyed my bushel of apple cards.  Just so you know, I ordered the Pretty Patches Pumpkin and Tree, too.  Looking forward to playing with them soon!

Okay, time to get those 'big girl pants' on and hit the road! Have a fabulous Sunday!

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!







13 comments:

Rosemary said...

what a fun set of cards... the final one is so sweet with the little gingham apples! thanks so much for playing along with CASology!

Tracey McNeely said...

All so super cute! No favourites but I love the gingham! Thank you so much for sharing with us this week at CASology!

Ardyth said...

Love the way you've used the negative die cuts on the country-feeling gingham! Thanks so much for joining us at CASology this week!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Great creations! I love the treat bags especially! How sweet to put in a lunch pail! I have got to make something similar for my little one! Thanks for the inspiration back! :)

~amy~ said...

How FUN!!!!! I love apples...being from Washington State and all:)

Charmaine (CharmWarm) said...

I LOVE all of these!!! They are absolutely ADORABLE!! Love that apple!!

Kylie said...

Hope you managed to get in to see your hubby without any difficulties whatsoever! :)

I'm sorry to hear of your stamping conundrums - that doesn't sound pleasant at all. Anything I can help with?

I just wish you could bottle up all your energy and creativity and send it my way. Okay, you can keep a little of it. hehe Seriously, from the colours you choose (so pretty and they coordinate so well, and you explore different colour palettes too), the designs (even when you use a sketch you put your own special touches and make it truly your own) and it is such a joy to see what you come up with next. Inspirational!

Happy Dance said...

Wowzers! Your fingers must be thrumming from they way they've been flying! Amazing creations, every single one of them! Dang girl, you've got enough mojo to send some to Kylie, and share with the rest of us!!! Wonderful creations! Bev

Shannon J said...

You are on fire, Carol! These creations are jam packed with fun, fun, fun!!! They are all so different, with their own special touches, but each one just as sweet as the next! SO sweet and thoughtful that you are making the matchbook sets for your niece's *school*!!! A++++++ on all of these, Miss Carol!!! (how did things go yesterday??) xo

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

APPPPPPPPPPLES everywhere! Now I want apple pie or an apple and peanut butter! Or cheese! MMMMMMMMMM! YUM! LOVE that matchbox apple set-- I was totally going to do one for a VS video! LOL! Great minds think alike I guess:)

I love that last one too-- love the die cut of the apple with the red gingham! FAB card design!

FAB job all around- you are def. on fire (just like Shannon said!)!!!

Geri said...

WOW X 4 = A bushel of award winning creations!

Of course, the matchbook cards had me smiling from ear to ear as soon as I laid my eyes on these cuties! I can imagine how exciting it will be for someone to receive your sweet hand made greeting! I admire your time management skills - chasing 'round guys on bikes, playing with the wee ones, working and crafting time! BEAUTIFUL projects once again Carol. You are likely getting so tired of hearing me say that you nailed the DP coordination perfectly again..but you did!!!

Greta said...

Love your creations, Carol! I especially love the first Mojo Monday card--gorgeous work!

Kim S said...

Hey Carol!!! Have you checked out the Newtons Nook blog. Your niece and nephew are going to be happy!! And thank you for your kind words.

I love your bushel of apples. I have that WPlus9 apple too and haven't done a thing with it. You have given me so many good ideas. I love the variety of cards, colors and style!