Friday, September 27, 2013

Happy Birthday Rays in Pink, Yellow and Grey...Little Tangles Birthday Bash CASE Challenge; Little Tangles Colour Challenge

Waaayyyy back in August, Little Tangles launched a birthmonth celebration in honour of Neat and Tangles birthday. Oh my, but the range and variety of inspiration shared daily was nothing short of delightful!  In addition to the fabulous cards on display, DT artists sharing their expertise, a  4-1-1 interview with  Danielle,  opportunities to try new techniques – even a day dedicated to all things ‘smores – we also had challenges galore to ‘strut our Neat and Tangles’ stuff.   Too much fun!!


As you know too well, August zipped by, and with that, the inevitable close to the  celebration.   Last day, event finished, when in popped  Ren-yi – a key creative genie behind all these delightful shenanigans – proposing one last “huzzah” – a wrap-up challenge, with a month long due date -  that went like this:   “Create a New project by CASE-ing any of the Birthday Bash inspirations that the guest designers have done. You may also CASE a Designer from our Challenge #19 Eat Cake Blog Hop.”  Hmmm  I thought…maybe…

So, time passed; I visited the challenge details regularly; pondered some strategies, but didn’t really move from thought into action until another challenge appeared on the Little Tangles horizon: a colour challenge.  A grey, yellow and pink colour challenge, to be precise.  


 Hmmm, I thought…maybe…

Earlier this week, thought synched with action… 

Challenge #1: deciding which guest designer ‘s card I wanted to case.  So many charming choices, so many mind-switches, but I kept coming back to one card created by the talented, amazing, thoughtful, spirit-uplifting, encouraging Amy Tsuruta:
Stunning, isn't it *vigorous head-nodding agreement*

Challenge #2: how to case Amy’s card, given a sun-ray stamp isn’t part of my collection.  Adapt and modify…

Challenge #3:  would my ‘idea’ work if I combined the Birthday Base Case-a-Designer Challenge with the Colour Challenge?   Hmmm, I thought…maybe..

Here’s my card – a yellow-pink-grey, Happy-Birthday-rays, Thinking of You card, modeled after Amy’s eye-catching creation.   Happy Birthday again, Neat and Tangled!!


 Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!




12 comments:

Anonymous said...

So inventive, Carol ... the happy birthday sun rays popping out from behind the puffy pink cloud are such fun ... love how you mimicked the cool polka dot background with those sparkley sequins ... such a happy card! Anita :)

June Houck said...

Carol, you are getting vigorous head nodding from me! Amy T is amazing and I often want to CASE her cards. I can't think of a better way to jump start your mojo. Your take on the color challenge is fun and inspired; what a clever way to use that happy birthday stamp and I love the sequins :) Thank you for joining us at Little Tangles.

Happy Dance said...

Ok...so polka dots are automatically a winner in my book! And I think you've really done yourself proud with this one. Nice case of Amy's!! Pinks, yellows, polka dots, sequins...all = perfect ingredients. Wonderful job my friend. And btw, thanks for your lovely comments. You're a true friend, and a fun person to hang out with in blogland. Love to visit here! Bev

Geri said...

So....I studied your card, soaked up every single perfect touch of creative cleverness and easily came to the conclusion that YES...your challenge of making do with supplies that you had on hand was a HUGE success! Beautiful placement of the bling, fabulous 'sun ray' birthday wishes and the perfect pop of vibrant ink on the speech bubble! Awesome job dear friend!

~amy~ said...

awwwww....can I tell you that you simply have 'made my day'! I'm reading your post and then scrolled down to see my card and literally gasped...You have absolutely rocked this challenge. You are oh-so-clever in your use of the N&T Across the Card set! The smidge of sequins...love...the polkas...super love. As always, I've thoroughly enjoyed my visit :)

Thanks for playing with us at Little Tangles:)

Greta said...

Oh how creative you were, Carol! Great CASE yet totally your own--love this!

Kylie said...

Adapt and modify - a great motto! You've excelled here again. Love the sun rays - looks wonderful. The polka dot is so soft and pretty and that greeting - I want it. lol

Maureen said...

Love Amy's card and yours as well! Such a creative way to use that set - I must try it!! Thanks for the inspiration!

Ren-Yi said...

you totally made Amy's day. this CASE is stunning and thanks for playing along with us at Little Tangles.

Danielle said...

So clever how you made your own sun rays! Love your take on Amy's card! Thank you so much for playing along with Little Tangles :)

Unknown said...

LOVE your CASE of Amy's card! Genius of you to use the sentiment stamp as rays. Thanks for joining us at Little Tangles!

Shannon J said...

You are a genius, Miss Carol!! I LOVE the stamp you used to create the rays. Seriously, PURE genius!!!! Wait...oh, that's better...just had to pick my chin up off the ground! Yup, it is THAT awesome!!! xo