Saturday, September 28, 2013

Quick little Snowman...Freshly Made Sketches, Merry Monday

Super quick post to share my 'using up last year's Christmas papers before diving into the stack calling my name' snowman card.  A simple little watercoloured dude that I'm entering into Merry Monday

(wish I could make a card that stunning!)

and Freshly Made Sketches...


Hmmm...a bit busy, but in real life, it's kinda-sorta cute with the popped up snowguy. A great opportunity to bring out the Christmas stamps, dust them off (along with my Christmas card-making skills) and have some fun!

My husband's home...yayyyy!!! And tomorrow, because he has to work (a 'summer' biathlon event...), I have some Halloween and Thanksgiving ideas to play with...and maybe more Christmas ones, too.

Thanks for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!


12 comments:

Greta said...

Love those papers & great use of the sketch! Enjoy your crafting time while hubby does his thing!

Kylie said...

Yay for the return of hubby! Hi hubby! :)

All I can say is that I want to create Christmas cards too now. lol I love how you have used the patterned paper. I am hopeless at using more than one..in general...but this looks great. Maybe I am going to have to start modifying and adapting your cards... ;)

Wendy said...

Very cute! Love your adorable snowman & pretty papers! Thanks for playing along with us this week over at Merry Mondays! :)

ThePurplePlace said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and for your sweet comments! I am glad I was able to offer you a little help -- anytime!!

Nice to meet you and hope to see you again in more of the awesome online classes! If you are a big Hero Arts Fans, and are not already a member of their Flickr Group -- You can find it at this link -- http://www.flickr.com/groups/heroarts

Bonnie said...

This is a cute snowman, Carol! Love that gingham paper! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

Anonymous said...

Oh isn't he a cutie, Carol ... you use DP so brilliantly, combining patterns and colours with such skill ... these are fab with this little guy! Anita :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol ... check out Annabelle Stamps ... you won set 2 in their blog hop! WOW ... this set and those printables are awesome! Woo hoo, great end to the weekend! Anita :)

Darnell said...

Well done with both these challenges, Carol! Your snowman is perfect against those fab background papers!!

~amy~ said...

Such a cutie pie card!

Amy O said...

What a cute snowman! I love the colors too. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Kim S said...

He's a cutey - and what a wonderfully warm and classic look with the papers that you have used!

Shannon J said...

I LOVE everything about this one! The plaid with the gingham work so well together and really bring out the Christmas sparkle in this card! And that show stealing snowman - oh, he is just the sweetest thing ever!!! I love how you distressed the white space behind him too - it gives it a very cool vintage look!!! xo