Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Back to School...My Creative Time Designer Challenger

My weekend stories are on hold for this post (did I hear a collective 'whew'?), because I'm on the wire getting my mini back-to-school cards posted for the Designer Challenge over at My Creative Time.  Have I mentioned that I have a whole slew of MCT products in my stash (with more on the way!!)?  Emma's blog was my 'first' taste of the card-making community, combined with the eye-widening experience of card-making products.  The 'short' version of that story is evident: I jumped in with gusto!

Although we've been back at school for three days now, tomorrow marks the first official day with students. I made five mini-cards for five of the teachers I work with: one is new to the District, one is returning to the 'traditional' classroom after spending several years at Outreach, one is my Outreach companion, and the other two, I worked alongside when I was, once upon a time, a 'teacher.'  Hope they like the little 'Just a Note" cards - with the "Happy 1st Day of School' sentiment inside.


Apologies for the 'strange' lighting...because naturally, I took too long in creating and the light got away from me.

Just a side note:  I'm on my 'own-some' this week, having left my husband behind in Edmonton because he's an official at the BIG bike race taking place in our province: Tour of Alberta.  The opportunity to learn from 'professional' commissaires, to follow groups of professional riders (Ryder Hjesdahl, Cadel Evans, Peter Sagan, to name a few), and to experience all the hoop-la of an event that 'almost' mirrors the stature of the Tour de France was one not to be missed!   I'll pick him up in Calgary on Sunday, once all is done.  In the meantime, we all know what I'll be doing....

Thanks so much for dropping in; please let me know you did! Your company and comments are always welcome!



7 comments:

Shannon J said...

These are going to be a HUGE hit! You are just so thoughtful having these ready to hand out to your colleagues welcoming them back to the new school year! And don't be surprised by all the oooohhs and aaahhhs you get - because they will be coming in droves!!! Such sweet cards, and an even sweeter gesture!!
Enjoy your time on your ownsome - and take FULL advantage - no dinners to cook means more time making cards! I know you miss your boy, but this is SUCH a HUGE OPPORTUNITY for him - definitely a can't miss. I'm sure he counts his lucky stars often knowing what a supportive, awesome wife he has!

Kylie said...

As if we all didn't know all ready how sweet, thoughtful and generous you are, but this post just cements that - you are so sweet to welcome your colleagues like this. All of the your cards looks wonderful. I love how they are basically the same but at the same time quite different! Enjoy your time on your ownsome and I cannot wait to see the next wonderful creation!

Kim S said...

What a thoughtful gift for your fellow teachers! Have a wonderful time on your own...I expect to see lots of card fun on your blog!

Greta said...

These cards are just darling & perfect for the start of school! Hope you have a great year, Carol, being more & more convinced that you made the right decision. Enjoy the me-time--how exciting for your hubby!

Cassandra said...

How thoughtful of you! I'm sure they will love them! Thanks for joining us in the My Creative Time ~ Designer Challenge. :)

Cathryn said...

These cards are the perfect little something to give your teacher friends! Thanks for playing along with the My Creative Time Designer Challenge! Hugs, Cathryn :)

liz at liz's paper loft said...

darling! thanks for playing with us at My Creative Time ~ fall color challenge!