Sunday, September 29, 2013

Baby Boy Card...Wanna Sketch #9, Online Insider Class

I couldn't resist making a baby boy card after making one for Bev's new grand-daughter, so here it is...

Inspiration:  Lisa Arana's Wanna Sketch #9

and Online Insider Class.


Here's a closer look at the wee file-folder (and yes, you'll be see a lot of this darling die!!) that I left to flip open to write a note....


On a completely unrelated note:  my brother and his family were awakened at 3:00 am this morning, when a propane tank burst in the condo complex being built near their home, resulting in a three alarm blaze that consumed the entire development. Fifteen fire trucks - over 80 firefighters - deployed, with over  200 people evacuated by 3:30 am.  My brother delivered my sister-in-law and the kids  to her parents, then he returned to the scene to keep watch over their home, as best he could. Embers rained down the entire neighbourhood, and lots of secondary fires occurred in backyards. Fortunately, their home was spared and they're all safe, able to return.  Scary. Just plain scary.  I'm just thankful all is well...  

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day.



8 comments:

Lisa Arana said...

And of course, this is just as darling! Love the boy colors and that monkey is so cute. Goodness, glad your family is ok!!! Thanks for playing with wanna sketch dearie.

Kylie said...

Oh that is so scary for your brother, his family and their neighbours! I am so pleased all is well but what a nightmare time for them all.

Back to your card - just a super sweet as the one created for Miss Avery. The monkey is so cute! Love the colours and the patterned paper too. Gorgeous!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Such a cute card! And what a nightmare for your brother - thank god he and his family are okay.
Thanks for visiting my blog and your sweet comment! So appreciated!

Greta said...

Oh my goodness--how terrifying! So glad everyone is OK & they still have a house! Darling card, Carol! You are sure making great use of your dies these days! I still have to get the stitched Lil Inkers--saving up!

Anonymous said...

Another adorable baby card, Carol ... see told you you're a whizz with that DP! So pleased your brother and family are ok and they still have a home to go back to. Anita :)

Sian Ridley said...

I love the folder die you've use on this card! This is just adorable ;)

I'm so sorry to hear about the terrible fire...that's just awful :( I'm only glad that your family and their home are all well ;)

Geri said...

Yikes...your story literally had shivers running up and down my spine...scary to think how quickly something like this could get out of control! We are truly blessed to be living in country that has such an efficient emergency response system!

Now onto your sweet card....sent more shivers down my spine...but this time all warm and tingly! A-DOR-A-BLE sweetness! The colors rock, the DP rocks, the die cut sentiment rocks, but dear friend, it is you who TOTALLY rocks by creating another amazing card! There really is no end to your talent and creativity!

Shannon J said...

Breathing a sigh of relief knowing that your brother and his family are okay. I don't know if scary even begins to describe it. We have so many reasons in our lives to be thankful, and this is definitely one of them.
This baby card is really, really, really, really, really, really ADORABLE!! Eeeeekkk!! That red "baby" die, that monkey and oh that sweet little folder keeps on getting me every time! As I'm catching up on all of your posts that I missed while I was away, you are just amazing me each.and.every.time!!! You are knocking them out of the park sweet friend!!!!