Saturday, September 14, 2013

A Sketch Fest Mini-stravaganza...FMS #103, MUSE #34, Seize the Sketch #3, Deconstructed Sketch #118

After my long (really long!) post earlier today, I promise this will be short and, I hope, a little bit sweet.  Mini cards - love 'em - and I decided to use little canvases to sample a variety of sketches this week, a la *small version.*  Hope you like my little bites.

First up is my card for Seize the Sketch #3,

where my inspiration came not only from the sketch itself, but from Kim S's oh-so-Christmas-season-cozy quilt card.  No hexagon dies in my stash (yes, another trend I've fallen behind!), but I do have hexagon-shaped "button" dies from My Creative Time. Considering my card's 4 x 4 dimension, the little button-hexagons were 'just right.'


My second card was inspired by Therese C's charming wee houses over at MUSE #3
which I paired with Jen's Deconstructed Sketch #118.  
More inspiration to amp up my 'little-ness' came from Arielle's card; her sweet owl reminded me of a teensy house image from MCT and new WPLUS9 tag set and voila...NBUS makes an appearance.


Third tidbit goes to Freshly Made Sketches #103
where I had a chance to use some left-over vintage-ish Christmas papers from Authentique, along with a Gina K Deck the Halls stamp:


Whew...enough from me today!   Feels good to catch up, even if I'm out of breath...

Thanks so much for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!!






12 comments:

Shannon J said...

Oh my!!! You have been so busy! But why not just keep going and going when beauties like these are oozing out!!! I love the smaller scale...for some reason things are always just even sweeter when they're smaller! My two favourite things have to be the hexagon button dies (way to improvise - and love the paper choices!) and the little house stamp coloured with softness! Love all of these! Like a tonne!!!

Kylie said...

Wow, Carol, you are on fire. All of your cards are just fantastic - and so different from each other. The button dies, for your first card, are perfect for this challenge and I just love the gorgeous colours you've used. Can you please bottle up just a little bit of your creative mojo and send it my way, please? :)

~amy~ said...

You've been BUSY! Lovin' your cards...can't believe your STS card is only 4x4. Yes, that hexie button die is perfect! I don't have a hexie die and keep thinking I need one but for some reason, never order one....sigh.

Thanks for playing with us at Seize the Sketch!

lostinpaper said...

Your cards are absolutely fabulous! Love the 'little-ness' this really is something I must try, thanks so much for the inspiration!

Anonymous said...

Wow, Carol, you're sparkling today ... love these tiny cards, like little works of art ... particularly the hexagon button quilt ... such yumminess! Anita :)

Greta said...

Wowzer--you are on a roll! These are just so wonderful! I always know I'll be inspired when I come to your blog!

Ardyth said...

Love how you've combined the sketch with this week's Muse - thanks so much for playing along!

Jen Shults said...

These are just wonderful! I love how you trimmed down the DS sketch and made it fit. So creative! Thanks for joining us for this week's Deconstructed Sketch!

Amy O said...

What a productive day! These are all so different, yet all so fabulous. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

Jen Timko said...

Great cards! Your take on the FMS sketch is really wonderful! Glad you joined us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!

Rose said...

you have been one busy crafty girl :)
fantastic cards!!!

Thanks for joining us on Seize the Sketch

Anonymous said...

Hey Carol, it's me back again this time! How good is it that we'll be virtual classmates at the Insider Class ... woohoo! So looking forward ... it's my first OCC! Anita :)