Monday, September 16, 2013

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BEV!! Viva la Verve! September Week 2 Sketch

Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday to you,
Happy Birthday, dear Bevvvvvvv…
Happy Birthday to youuuuuuuuu!!

Wonderful, sparkling, spirit-lifting, Bev - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!  I'm so excited to be part of your birthday celebration, organized by the sweet Hannalie!  In my 'early' blogland days, one of my best discoveries was - and continues to be even moreso - your delightful Happy Dance site.  A visit to see your cards and read your posts accomplishes exactly what your blog name invites us to do: happy dance.  I come away inspired, smiling, knowing my day will be brighter just for having stopped by.  Your comments on my cards (those still fledgling attempts),have been sources of motivation, inspiration and encouragement, more than you can possibly realize!  THANK YOU for being such a wonderful mentor and muse. Your warm heart touches the lives of many of us; it's little wonder that we come back to share our love for you and your cards over...and over...and over!!  You are truly a gem!

My card for you today is completely "new" in every way: from the papers, to the dies, to the sentiment, to the sketch I followed.  It was inspired by the Viva la Verve September Week 2 Challenge:
I thought it fitting that I make a card for you using some of my new Verve products, because you are, Bev, the very 'definition' of that word: spirited, enthusiastic, lively.  "Bev-verve-ly"!!!

Here's my card exclusively for you, and because of you!  Thank you for welcoming me into this community; thank you for being a friend; and especially, thank you for letting me know that in whatever I've made, a little 'sparkle' can be found. 



Hope your day is fantastic!


5 comments:

Hannelie said...

Hi Carol!
So glad you joined the fun on Bev's birhday with this lovely card!

Anonymous said...

So pretty, Carol, and what wonderful words for such a special person ... beautifully put! Anita :)

Shannon J said...

Bev will be doing a happy dance FOR SURE when she reads the beautiful, heartwarming words you have for her! Just as you are lifted by her warmth and spirit, I KNOW she is lifted by yours!! The card you have made for her is as beautiful as your words! Soft, pretty and so, so gorgeous! Those banners in place of the star show your creative mind at work - and I love it!!! And extra love the sweet little brad fastening them all together! Papers, as always...perfect!!! Bev is going to LOVE this!!!

Happy Dance said...

Oh sweetie...this is such a beautiful card. But more than that, the kind words in your post touched my heart completely and fully. I'm in awe of the amazing community we belong to - warm, sweet, supportive, amazing women who have a positive impact on each other and the worlds we live in. I'm so blessed to be a part of this world, and to have a dear, dear friend like you. Thanks for making this one of my best birthdays ever! You so rock! xoxo : ) Bev

Kylie said...

Oh I have been so out of the loop lately, and I didn't know it was Bev's birthday. I feel so bad. She is going to LOVE this card so much! And who wouldn't! It is just so pretty!