Monday, September 16, 2013

Hexagon Hello...Sweet Stamp Shop "Use What You Have Challenge #16"

Okay, okay, I know: enough from me already! Just one more, then I'll go do something different.  Maybe I'll think about knitting a hat, if I can remember how to knit...which I never really became 'good' at anyway. But I have some lovely teal blue wool that needs some attention. Hmmmm...

Over at Sweet Stamp Shop, "Mr & Mrs. Sweet" have a wonderful weekly challenge: Use What You Have.  Even though they offer inspiration photos and sketches, we aren't necessarily 'required' to follow them which, for the card I'm sharing today, is a good thing.  This week's inspiration is here, but my inspiration comes from the Designer Spotlight #1 cards, with a sample below that caught my eye.



It just so happens that in my stash is a Sweet Stamp Shop set - Pattern Craze - that's filled with delightful hexagons and backgrounds.  
Because the mini-card was too small for the hexagons, I opted to use my hexagon button die  with the background stamped from the top right pattern.  The front panel is popped up, with the little buttons (which explains the little holes) nestled beneath.  "Hello" is from Lil' Inkers, as is the mat (I'm going to wear out my rectanges!!). 



Oh yes, we also have to show a pic of our stash, so here's  a wee snap of some (actually one of my three 'buckets' If I did have a craft room, it would be pretty empty.  Maybe a large walk-in craft closet would do. Nahhh...need a room) of my stash, with *guess who* taking centre stage...Pattern Craze!!


Hope Mr. & Mrs. Sweet are okay with my slight deviation, but I so wanted to use these stamps!!

Thanks for dropping by; your visit adds sparkle to my day!







13 comments:

Shannon J said...

Hey, I recognize that card from Heather Campbell! It's one of my all time favourites of hers (she is one of my stamping heros!). And you have totally made your own FABULOUS version of it! And I mean FAB!!! So CAS, so fun, and totally inspiring! The sentiment, the hexagons, the sequins - all perfectly placed! This one is a total show-stopper, Carol! This one is going in my top 5!!!

Kylie said...

Nooooo, don't go trying other hobbies or returning to old ones. Stay with stamping! :) Love seeing all the wonderful ideas you come up with. Even when inspired by others, you manage to put your own special flair and pizzazz and it just looks totally fabulous! :)

Happy Dance said...

Carol, card making is an addiction. You need to admit that you're 100% totally hooked. There is no cure. You will always and forever be an addict. But hey!, it's okay! All of us are, and we wouldn't have it any other way!! Keep making cards, especially ones like this one. Love the hexies, love the B&W, and love, love, love those bright and happy sequins!!! Great card. Bev ; )

Katie Ann Brooks said...

Loving your cool trendy and edgy card! So fun!

Anonymous said...

Cool, gorgeous and yummy sequins, Carol ... is the knitted hat for a card?? Anita :)

Geri said...

I'm sure that Mr & Mrs Sweet will be just fine with your deviation! Your card is fabulous! Great eye for design - the bling balances everything perfectly and adds sweet pops of color!

As for knitting...why on earth would you (even for a nano-second) consider spending your spare time on anything else? You're on fire girl with your card creations! Your progress has been amazing....one stunner after another, especially when it comes to DP's!!! Just carry on doing what you are doing SOOOOO well :)

Greta said...

Oh wow--I really love your hexagon card! I only have 1 stamp & die & still haven't used it, but you've inspired me, Carol!

Judy1223 said...

Hi Carol! So glad to see you were as inspired by Heather's awesome card as I was! It is an awesome card, and so is YOUR take on it using the hexagon stamps! LOVE it! I may have to CASE your card now! Well done!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fabulous use of these shapes! I adore the colorful sequins with the b&w!

Kim S said...

Don't knit for too long - I'll miss you!!

I love your layout. The small and large hexagons nestle so perfectly together. And all of that black and white makes the sequins pop!

lostinpaper said...

Such a fab graphic design, love those negative space hexagons!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOOOOOOOOVE this! You nailed the CASE design and even made it your own! AMAZING! I LOVE the hexagons (must pull mine out ASAP)!!! LOVE the sequins too! I'm sad I've been MIA lately-- I love visiting your blog and getting inspired! I hope to find time this weekend to catch up!!! <3

Hope you have a fab day:) <3

Jackie Rockwell said...

One of my all time favorite things is negative die cuts. Such a fun and dynamic card!