Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Vintage Bliss Thanks...FUSION #10

I've missed two challenge deadlines already this week (need to give my noggin' a shake!!), and I don't want a repeat performance with FUSION #10.  So here I am with a quick post to share my card that came together ever so quickly.  I admit I was going to give this challenge a pass, because the inspiration photo was...well, this may sound strange but...too 'pretty' for me to even come close to replicating.  Once I shifted my focus to the layout (hello, there are three inroads to connect with this challenge!!), I felt better - and some ideas gelled.  Of course, this was last minute gelling, with my teensy time frame made even smaller by a quick trip in response to the "Hi, can you come and pick me up? It's pouring and I'm frozen" call from my husband, out on his training ride.  Anyway, my tasks were accomplished:  poor, shivery, drenched husband retrieved and card done.  

Here's the inspiration:
and my card - 


a straightforward interpretation of Jackie's sketch.  I could 'stretch' that I've dipped into Lesley's challenge too, as my flowers have 5 petals, as does the star above the door, but that would be really pushing the boundaries of 'connection.'  So, I'll stick with my entry as is: sketch inspired.  Love that house though...perhaps a return visit one of these days (after I have some papers that work, or better yet, learn to colour, use inks, play with mixed media!!)

Thanks so much for dropping by; and please let me know you did! Your comments are always welcome and appreciated!





8 comments:

~amy~ said...

such a cute card! Thanks for playing with us at Fusion!

Geri said...

Awesome card Carol! You really do have such a keen sense of design! Perfect combination of the flower (with the pretty pearl centers), the font of the sentiment and the paper!

I'm sure DH was full of "Thanks" for rescuing him from the cold & rain!

Shannon J said...

I'm so glad you used that patterned paper again, Carol - I have such a weak spot for it! My heart pitter pattered when I saw it on the card for your niece's sweet 16 and it did the same thing again today! Married up with that pretty pink strip and the three flowers in the polka dot pattern all gussied up with pearls, and I would say you have a perfect (and beautiful!) interpretation of the sketch!

Unknown said...

Super sweet card. So glad you joined us this week at Fusion.

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

Just a lovely take on the sketch.

Greta said...

Oh what a neat sketch & you've used it to perfection, Carol!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

LOL! I love that I'm not the only one that has missed some deadlines! LOL! I really need to play along with that Fusion challenge--thanks for the reminder!

LOVE this card-- those papers are beautiful! LOVE those flowers--esp. with the pearl centers! FAB (as always!!!)!!! You ROCK-- and even though you missed the deadline... I think you should win!

Anonymous said...

Well, I thought you had fused the challenges, just by looking at your card before I read your narrative, so you could have totally gotten away with it under my watch! ;-) I love what you did with the sketch, these colors and flowers are so pretty and fun. Glad you were able to join us (side trips notwithstanding...), I'm terribly late to get over here to comment, though - sorry!