Sunday, June 9, 2013

Telescoping Flower Card...4 Crafty Chicks #145 Flowers

I'm back with a quick post before dashing out to help my husband time a 5 hour mountain bike race. In the rain. Sometimes I'm a very good wife.

In my previous post, I mentioned that I want to 'stretch' my techniques a bit, to try out 'new things' - well, things new to me.  A couple weeks ago, the delightful, talented, effervescent (if you've received comments from her, you'll know exactly what I mean!) Savannah O'Gwynn shared a 'how to' video for telescoping cards. I'll grab a coffee while you go watch.  She is marvellous!

Making one - or several, after having done this first one (I'm smitten!) - was on my "must do" list - and so I have, pairing it with the challenge from the lovely gals at 4 Crafty Chicks and their flowers challenge.

Here's my little card all snuggled up:

and here it is, after a nice little streee-tcchhh...


This one is off to my sister, just because...

Off to the race...in the sudden downpour.  I need to find my umbrella and raincoat first (stall tactics...).

Thanks so much for dropping in; please let me know you did. Your comments are always welcomed and appreciated, immensely.

9 comments:

Jennifer said...

LOVE this!!! Like, not even just a little bit… Love it a lot!!! I am going to go and watch that video now… (Hope the race went well and didn't leave you toooo soggy!! :)

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY! You NAILED this telescoping card-- LOVE LOVE LOVE! I love the papers-- LOVE the stamps-- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE it all! You amaze me:) I'm so glad you shared your project with me!!!

And thanks for your sweet compliments about me-- you made me smile! I've been needing a light of sunshine today:) THANK YOU for lifting me up!! HUGS!! <3

Tamie said...

Incredible flowers on your note cards!! Love it. Thank you for sharing your flowers with us at 4 Crafty Chicks.

Shannon J said...

I'm eeeeking and squealing over this one!! This is SO awesome! As always - DIVINE paper choices, and the little butterfly on the last "page" is such a sweet little unexpected surprise! Gahhh! Yup, I love it!!!
And you poor thing...stuck in the rain like that!! You are not just a good wife, you are an AMAZING wife!!!

Emily Leiphart said...

Beautiful! I love your telescoping card! The layers and patterns are stunning together.

Darnell said...

Excellent job, Carol! This is adorable and your sis will love it and treasure it forever!! Thanks for the link!

I haven't had a chance to come by in a bit and I've thoroughly enjoyed the scroll through your interesting posts and great cards! Darnell

Happy Dance said...

Oh shame on you!!! I just love this too, too much!! This is such a clever card, and I'm sure your sister will adore it as much as we all do. So glad you made this, and now I'll have to give this a try. Tfs. Hope you're all dry and happily crafting today. Great card, Carol. bkb

Leanne said...

Thanks for playing our flowers challenge at 4 Crafty Chicks, very pretty!

Leanne DT 4 CC!

Geri said...

Yep....you did it again! Combined the absolute perfect pieces of DP with the sweetest shaped/interactive card idea and lovingly create a crd that your sister is going to go gaga-crazy about when she sees it! You're on fire girl!!!