Friday, June 28, 2013

One More Thanks...Retrosketches #69

*Cas* post this time. Promise! (Longer chat + card here - frantic catching up!)

Looking at all those pretty entries at Retrosketches #69 has me wondering if I should add my simple little creation. But I am - because my new die from PS wanted out of its package...

Here's the delightful sketch


followed by my "liberties taken" entry...


This is the 'new and improved' version (hard to believe!), but the other one - with blue "roses" rather than the petalled flowers - wasn't working for me.  Wanna see...


The roses weren't participating properly...grrrr!!  I'm glad I renovated!

Thanks for dropping in; your comments are welcome and appreciated, immensely!






4 comments:

Marlena M. said...

Both of your cards are beautiful~but I bet the petals will lay better in an envelope. I like the pearl accents also!

Shannon J said...

I love both of them, Carol!!! Those roses look incredible! And the layered flowers sweetly embellished with pearl centres on the first card - love! Love the die too, and of course the gorgeous patterned papers!

Greta said...

I love those roses, but I agree that on this card the petals look better. Love the papers you used & you made the sketch look great!

Happy Dance said...

No waffling here. I like the petal one better. The roses are fine, but there's just something special about those petaled flowers - maybe it's the pearl centers... Great design though. And I love that die! Got a package myself today...woohoo!!! Hope your weekend is great. Bev