Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Love you, my girl!...FUSION #9

Whew...I think I've wrung out all the water I absorbed over the weekend, helping my husband timing some mountain bike races.  And here I am - again at the eleventh hour - posting a card that I've had ready - and already mailed! - since Monday evening.  So, I'd best skedaddle and post before the link closes!

My journey into card-making, starting last August, was 100% fueled by my niece; or rather, by a decision I made *about* my niece.  When she was born, I committed to 'celebrating' the 3rd of every month for her first year - special email notes, little gifts, whatever came to mind.  One year carried into two; two carried into three...The older she became, the more I realized it was time to "amp up" the monthy *something sent* to make them more hers, more personal.  And in due time, the 'I'll make her cards' idea sparked!  For the last few months, I've sent her a card, addressed exclusively to her; and every month, I also send one to my nephew (yes, he's included in the performance, too!), but I address his "in care of" my niece, as he's still too little to tackle the envelopes by himself.  Wait - he can, he's just a wee bit rough with them.  Besides, she quite likes *getting mail* and as an Auntie, it's my #1 job to make 100% sure my girl is happy (and spoiled and pampered!!).

My inspiration for this Happy 39 Months Old is this week's FUSION #9


My new PS umbrella die arrived on MONDAY!! Talk about perfect timing!
Here's my card, now trekking its way north to my sweet adorable girl!!

Just in case you're wondering about the 'brown' umbrella - I *had* to use this
patterned paper from American Crafts, called My Girl.  Here's a close up of the
pattern; a charming, whimsical splash ofwords that describe my niece to a "t"...


Thanks for dropping in; your comments are welcome and appreciated deeply!!
Have a wonderfully sunny day, filled with love!



:

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card for your niece, Carol. ;-) I love the fun images and patterns you've used. I'm sure she'll get a kick out of it! I enjoyed reading your personal story, too. Thank you for your contribution to our Fusion gallery this week! ;-)

Shannon J said...

I'm so glad you're back and *almost* dried out!! I've missed your posts!!! And you are back with a bang! My heart melted reading this post! What a fabulous, sentimental, thoughtful way to celebrate your niece and nephew. These cards will be collected and cherished for a lifetime! Oh your sweet niece is going to be just so happy when she received this beauty from her Aunty C! It is a PERFECT little girls card :) That little flower is just bursting with love and the detailing at the bottom of the umbrella is so much fun! I also LOVE the glossy accents on the hearts. She is going to love this SO MUCH! I've already voted for you!! xx

Tracey McNeely said...

Sweet sweet card for your niece Carol! I love that umbrella, I think I may need another one. What a wonderful and meaningful journey you are one. You asked me about Lil' Inkers and a good starter set. I will warm you that LI dies are extremely addictive and they cut like butter. Rectangle Stitched Mats is my recommendation for a starter set, they are awesome and you will have trouble just using each one once. Good luck and have fun!

Kim S said...

It's perfect! How special that you found and used that paper!

Geri said...

Carol, you have got to be the most dedicated aunty that I know! I'm sure the hugs and kisses come back to you tenfold! Do you realize the fun she will have reading all these cards when she is older? Wow - you really need to be called Aunty Memory Maker!

Beautiful card - love the DP, so absolutely perfect for this occasion. Sweet idea to layer the umbrella die cut. The polka dot paper umbrella handle steals the show!

Fabulous, fun, and full of love!

Kelly Griglione said...

Great fusion on this one ... the photo inspiration is obvious, but you can totally see the sketch too in the 3 hearts going across, and the smaller panel in the middle. Thanks so much for joining the FUSION challenge!!

~amy~ said...

aaaaaawwwwwwww....what a sweet sweet auntie you are! Such neat keepsakes for your niece and nephew, love the idea AND your card!

Thanks so much for playing with us at Fusion!

Lyndal said...

What a fabulous Aunty you are Carol - I'm sure she'll LOVE this one!! So glad you joined in the fun experimenting @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon :)