Sunday, June 30, 2013

Happy 40 Months Old Mini Album + Tags...A Blog Named Hero Challenge #26 and Catered Crops So Shapely

One of the many perks of being an Aunt, living long-distance from my niece and nephew, is that I can do whatever my little heart desires to show them how much I love them.  Sometimes, that leads me down a path that is often silly, a bit wild, a bit 'out there.'  You've seen this 'theme' several times since I've started blogging, where I've shared the cards I've made to celebrate their Happy xxx Month Old days.

Next week, my niece turns 40 months old. 40!! Turnng 40 years old is a milestone birthday, and, exercising my unique leaps of logic, I decided that turning 40 months old is too; a happy day to be recognized with a 'special' something.  The inspiration for what I wanted to make percolated for several days, as I was inspired by the challenge at A Blog Named Hero: Challenge #26: Tags; it was the 'how' that had me in stall-mode.  Clock ticking, other cards being made...nothing 'yet' for my girl.  Then, in a trip to the Scor-pal blog, Virgina Nebel's post showing her charming mini-album with tags (with instructions! Double score!!) came into sight. Ideas emerging...A trip to my stash (6 steps from kitchen to desk. Long journey) to get the bought ages ago not yet used Carta Bella Alphabet Junction scrapbook set.  I bought this (and a couple others) prior to discovering that 12 X 12 patterns are a bit too big for cards - but it was on sale, and I figured I 'might' use the stickers at some point.  Well, that point arrived on Friday..and over the course of most of Friday afternoon and a good chunk of yesterday, I created and completed my "Happy 40 Months Old" project.

Lots of dies, lots of stamps, lots of the stickers from the kit (a first for me using these); and LOTS of FUN!!
Oh yes, a stroll over to Kim's blog to see this card has also inspired me to enter this into Catered Crops So Shapely challenge.

Here's the album and its tags (alert: photo dense):

"Cover" page (tag, label and butterflies are dies)
  
Inside of the album

Close up (sort of ) pages 1-2 (the ice cream cone, 40 and hearts are dies)

Close up, pages 3-4 (I made a "wordle" using word stickers from the kit.  
Frame, butterflies and butterfly trail are dies)


The three tags that go inside the 'pockets' of pages 2, 3, 4, 
(I was aiming for one more, but ran out of steam.  Tags, circle, hearts, postage frame, scalloped frame, caption banner and hearts are dies)

and here's the album, all ribboned up, ready to give to sweet Tessa


Whew!!!  Hope she likes it!  The best part - we're traveling to see my family on Thursday, so I get to deliver it to her in person! 

Today, I think I'll focus on 'smaller' projects...

Thanks so much for dropping in; please let me know you did.  Comments always welcome and appreciated, immensely!




4 comments:

Unknown said...

what a beautiful labour of love!

Happy Dance said...

What a good auntie you are! I'm sure these are things she'll treasure all of her life. Not only the cards, books, scrapbooks...but the great love you feel for her, which is evident. She'll love them today, and someday when she cuddles her little ones, she'll bring them out and show her babies just how much you love her. You've made some great memories for these precious little ones. Bev

Shannon J said...

Oh wow, wow, WOW!!! I can tell how much work you put into this, and end result - SO worth it! Tessa is going to be tickled pink! The detail, the love, the everything that you put into this is outstanding, Carol! My favourite detail - the little tags to go inside. Seriously, this is a masterpiece full of love for sweet Tessa!! She is going to love it! A 40th to remember!!!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OH MY GOSH! That is hilarious! I LOVE that you send your nieces/nephews cards for how many months old they are! I wonder how many months old I am--- no.... scratch that! I'm not really into figuring out that:) It might make me sound way older! LOL!

OH MY! I love that you used up some of your stash! What a fab set of papers for both card and tags!

So glad you get to visit her and give this to her personally! You should take some pics:)

ps... I just walked past Trav's room (temp 74) and his fan is on! WHAT? He's still hot?? I'm sooooooo cold! LOL!

ps2...I don't think that Crate Paper Brooke collection paper is available anymore:( BOOOOOOO! So sorry!