Friday, January 4, 2019

Reindeer....Happy Little Stampers January 2019 Christmas Card Challenge~Anything Goes (optional twist: REINDEER)

Hello,

I'm absolutely thrilled to be joining the Happy Little Stampers Christmas Challenge design team; now, I won't have any excuses for 'late' Christmas cards!

To launch the New Year, we're offering an 'optional twist' to the usual Anything Goes fare: reindeer.


Definitely went with the twist for my cards...using a gorgeous stamp from Woodware that I purchased last February, after seeing the stunning card created by ever-so-talented Shirley B, here.  As we know, I'm pa-thet-ic with watercolour, so I opted to use my zigs a la copic-ish style to colour the deer. The background: distress inks with a splatter of white paint/water.


Just a few more versions. I made about 15, total, as part of my mass-production of late Christmas cards. A bit of an design oops in the version seen below in not leaving a snowy ground but...oh well. We'll just consider the deer 'magically' afloat *grin*


Simple stamping, with a wee bit of masking to vary the colour of the snowflakes.


Here, a distress inked deer + background. 


That's it from me; please head over to the blog to see how  my talented teammates interpreted this month's theme.

Looking forward to seeing your Christmas cards in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


16 comments:

Lindsey said...

These are all gorgeous! I do believe you sell yourself short on the watercolouring front, though...

Debbie said...

these are fab cards - very good inspiration and very inspiring

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on joining the HLS Christmas DT, Carol ... your collection of reindeer make for a fabulous debut! Your colouring (zigs or copics or pencils) is always brilliant ... just as these cool, handsome guys show! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on the new design team! So happy for you! These are some fabulous cards. If I was smart, I'd make Christmas cards all year. Right now I just can't get into the idea, though. Silly me. Keep up the awesome work!

Bobby said...

Welcome to the team, Carol. I do watercolor but I also do like you and use Zigs almost like Copics. You've done a terrific job on those deer, not only on the coloring but showing how the stamp can be used in various ways, something we all should consider when buying them.

Sue - said...

Welcome to the team Carol! A great set of reindeer cards.

Inkyfingers said...

Yay, Carol - how good to have you on the Christmas team and what a wonderful card to start the year with! I love that beautiful deer and you have coloured him beautifully.
Wishing you a happy and healthy 2019.
Hugs
Carol x

laurie said...

This is awesome! Beautifully colored!

Shelly said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the DT! :) Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!
Hugs

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

I have never seen that deer stamp before, it is gorgeous, love all the different versions you made
Barb Housner

Kim Heggins said...

These are just fabulous...love your sweet reindeer!

BożenA said...

Your reindeer is very majestic. I love how you colored the picture, I love the shining sky. All cards are great. I am glad that you are with us in the HLS Xmas team
Hugs,
BożenA

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hello Carol, and Happy New Year! Your reindeer is so gorgeous - what a fantastic image. I like all the versions, but the first one is absolutely WONDERFUL. Your co,oring is amazing. Wishing you all good things in 2019!

Pia S said...

They all look amazing!! I love reindeer on Christmas cards, and I think this stamp is a treasure. Well done!

Kim S said...

What a gentle scene - that stamp is amazing!! Love all the variations.

Samantha said...

Fabulous I love these too! :)