Thursday, January 17, 2019

Simple Stamping and Stenciling~Uniko Studio DT Inspiration

Hello,

I'm here - and over at the Uniko Studio blog - 'giving some love' to a variety of my Uniko stamps and stencils today; hopefully, my trio will make you smile and, perhaps, even offer a bit of inspiration (which would thrill me to bits and pieces!).  Nothing super-duper fancy, as you'll see; rather, just a whole lot of inking, a bit of dry embossing and a curved panel die cut.  Clean and simple; the kind of card to make when time is at a premium.

As all three share the same design, I'll just dive in with the basic ingredients and 'how-to'...

Card 1
Lower panel: base of Tattered Rose Distress Oxide 
(I used Bristol cardstock for this section; Michael's heavy weight cardstock for the top portion)
Stencil: Nature's Treasures II; Tea Dye Distress Oxide
SentimentSimply Said


Card 2
Lower panel: dry embossed (hard to see in the photo, but definitely there)
StencilFun Flower
StampFun Flower; stenciled with Ripe Persimmon Distress Oxide; leaves with Versafine Clair)
Sentiment:  Simply Said


 Card 3
Lower panel: base of Distress Oxides - Tumbled Glass, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire
StencilLet It Snow; Stormy Sky Distress Oxide
Stamp: Stunning Snowflakes; various ME pigment inks (I love pigment inks...just sayin')
Sentiment:  Simply Said; and 'Winter' from Stunning Snowflakes


So...I'm ready with two birthday cards and one 'just because'! Easy to recreate! If you decide to give these techniques/styles a go, do let me know! I'm always on the lookout for dazzling inspiration and ways to elevate the way I use my Uniko stamps, stencils and dies!

Also sharing at:

CAS Stencil Challenge~January 2019 CAS Challenge: Sponging



Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

These are lovely, Carol! I really like how you took the same basic design and showed how wonderful it would work with different designs. I adore the butterfly one. :) Thank you so much for sharing, Carol! I gotta remember to keep it simple silly! :)

Carole said...

Can you please let me in on your secret of how you can be in two places at once ?..lol...fab cards as I said on Uniko's blog xx

Lindsey said...

A trio of pretty! Your stencilling is beautiful. It's always nice to discover a fellow pigment ink lover, too!

Kim Heggins said...

Sweet trio of beautiful cards!

Bobby said...

Your card design is perfect for changing it up in all sorts of ways, Carol. Your color choices are wonderful and so is your ink blending.

Julia Aston said...

Three lovely designs - your mauve card with the stenciling and butterfly is so pretty! thanks for sharing with us at the CAS Stencil Challenge!

Loll said...

Three beauties Carol! Fantastic design that looks so different with just a few changes. Thanks for sharing with us at CAS Stencil!

nancy littrell said...

Love all three of your CAS designs, Carol. So pleased you joined us at CAS Stencil Card Challenge. Hugs..Nancy

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Carol ... all three ... clever use of the same design to create such different and equally lovely cards! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

Three BEAUTIFUL cards!