Friday, January 25, 2019

Birthday Fishes...Just Us Girls Challenge #472~Photo Challenge

Hello!

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #472~Photo Week, where our sweet Nancy has selected  nautical/ocean images as this week's inspiration.



Once again, we're thrilled to have dual Guest Designers - Janet Ribet and Cindy Major - joining us. Please visit them, as well as my teammates - Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisaand Maria - who would love to know you dropped by.

Given that I live in the foothills of Alberta, combined with harbouring a fear of water and whatever lurks in it depths (sorry for the pun *grin*), my collection of sea objects is pretty much non-existent. I do, however, have a variety of ocean creatures on hand, which are cute and not scary! Studio Katia Under the Sea for images; same for the aperture and panel.


Over to you...

Looking forward to seeing your photo interpretations in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

AAA Cards CAS Game #132~Up to One-Third



Thank you for dropping by!


14 comments:

Jeanne said...

Ooooh, this is fabulous, Carol. I love the sea creature images. So not scary! I really like the opening on this card allowing you to create this wonderful little scene. Your sea creatures are coloring fabulously! Excellent work, my sweet friend! Hugs!

Macimbalo said...

I love your card! Just so colorful and cheery! Great job on the challenge this week Carol!

Cindy Major said...

That is adorable! Love the water tank and the colorful fish all around it!

Cardsbymaaike said...

I cannot swim at night, when the water is black and you can;t see what's approaching..freaks me out...so I understand. Love your card, thank you for playing at AAA cards

Jane said...

Well you've certainly made the most of the sea themed stash you do have! Fabulous card as always Carol. And I'm a bit of a scaredy cat with swimming in the sea - there's no handrail to grab when you get tired! Thanks for playing at AAA Cards, hope to see you come back again soon.

~amy~ said...

I love this Carol!

Nancy said...

I am so with you on what is lurking beneath me phobia....and I leave 5 minutes from the beach. I am getting even more of a ninny the older I get. When the water is clear I will go in. But I also have a rule not to be the farthest one out, so the shark will get them and not me. LOL I guess that isn't very funny. Anyways, you little fishy scene is adorable! Love the faint water spots on the background. Super job!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Adorable images! Super fun card.

Bobby said...

This worked great for a nautical theme without a ship or anchor, Carol. I'd love to go snorkeling and see something like your cute little critters.

Ina G said...

Fun card and so colourful Carol. Just WOW!

Anita in France said...

What a fabulous ocean scene, Carol ... bright and tropical ... and gorgeous against all that glorious white ... love it! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love your non-scary sea creatures! I love how beautifully colored they are on this fabulous design!

JulieP said...

It’s lovely! Lol! And here I am in the east coast of Florida with lots of nautical stamps. :-). Thanks for all of the info today!

Lisa Kind said...

Well with all your fears of water and such, you made a really cute card! Love all the fun colors of your sea urchins!