Friday, January 11, 2019

You Warm My Heart...Inkspirational Challenge #178~Designer's Choice

Hello,

Welcome to our first Inkspirational Challenge #178~Designer's Choice of 2019.  Our talented Anila is inviting us to use kraft on our cards/projects. The versatility of kraft is widespread...I know you'll find wonderfully creative ways to showcase it.


Okay...I realize we're nearly mid-January and I 'should' be moving away from Christmas into Valentine's Day (on the radar for sure!), but...I 'happened' to have some leftover coloured images from Pink and Main's Eskimo Kisses set calling for attention.  So: they got it!

One cutie-pie polar bear...


an adorable walrus and a sweet seal.  Actually, I had intended to pair the walrus+seal with the kraft card base and the polar bear with the white but...wasn't paying attention and didn't realize my mistake until everything was committed. Sighhh...oh well...hopefully no one will notice (even though I've fully confessed *grin*).


My wonderful teammates have interpreted the prompt in beautiful ways; please visit and leave them some love, which I know will be deeply appreciated:


Looking forward to visiting you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

Crazy for CAS #13~Animals
ABC Christmas Challenge~A & B are For..."B" is for "Bear"




Thank you for dropping by!


20 comments:

lostinpaper said...

Look at you go! You are certainly going to be Christmas ready for 2019 at this rate. These are so sweet and the CAS design speaks to me!

Nonni said...

Love these small scenes and all the white space you left to your card designs -makes the focal images really pop! I especially love the first card, the white circle really pops from the kraft base. I think these look wonderful as they are, I wouldn't change the card bases! xxx

sandie said...

Super idea to use the images like this, adore the splashes of colour and great design x

Pia S said...

I think your mix up was a happy accident, I like how the white frame pops from the Kraft and the Kraft frame pops from the white. Adorable little scenes!

Jeanne said...

How fun! These cute critters are colored wonderfully and look they they are very happy in their homes on kraft paper. :) Love it!

Bobby said...

Love how you've bundled them up in their red and green scarves, Carol. Perfect colors to go with kraft.

Marina said...

I like the swapped round look! It really adds more interest to these cute and beautifully-made cards.
I'm still doing a few Christmas cards too. I only send a very few Valentine's cards but I will need LOTS of Christmas cards in 11 months time!

baileyrosy.com said...

Well I'm sure there are some crafters out there who are already starting on 2019 christmas cards so I would say you have a head start ! Two beautiful CAS creations and super cute images both cards are amazing.

Marie

Marlena M. said...

We have snow on the ground, so I'm all about Christmas still! Love these two scenes and especially like the mix of kraft and white, Carol. Fantastic coloring too~

Joyce said...

These are both so very cute. Love how your adorable critters are in the window, and the kraft background on the CASology card is especially sweet. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Lindsey said...

Love these! I don't use kraft as often as I might, since another member of the household (not Duncan) does not like kraft and we send lots of cards from the two of us. Sigh. :P Perfect card for ABC Christmas Challenge, too!

Jen W. said...

These are such adorable images, Carol, especially that sweet bear! Love you gorgeous shading and the fabulous way you framed him! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

iejlze said...

What an adorable polar bear. And you can't ever begin to early with your christmascards!Thank you for joining Crazy for Cas!

Lucille K said...

Your 2 cards are adorable, Christmas here you come :)

Anita in France said...

A couple of cuties, Carol ... brilliantly executed! Hugs, Anita :)

Sue Lelli said...

Two for one and they are Both Adorable! LOVE the circle window you created. Your images really stand out!

Anila Dikay said...

Both the cards are adorable Carol! I am amazed as to how each one of us perceived the theme differently.

Lynda said...

A lovely card and perfect for our challenge. I particularly like the pop of colour with the scarf. Thank you for sharing, and joining us at ABC Christmas Challenge. :) Lynda

Samantha said...

I love the use of Kraft card on your card and the cute images, Thanks for joining in with our challenge at ABC Christmas Challenge,
hugs Samantha :0)

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous cards Carol :-) both of them are adorable! the images are super cute and I love the kraft cardstock with the white, so pretty :-)

Thanks for joining us on the ABC Christmas Challenge 🎄
Luv
Lols x x x