Saturday, March 10, 2018

You Make My Life Magical...Just Us Girls Challenge #431~Trend Week: Mythical or Magical

Hello,

A warm welcome this week's Just Us Girl's Trend Week, featuring my theme choice of mythical/magical.


I've been reading the quite engaging The Land of Stories series (I know, I know...young adult fiction!) and so enjoy being transported to the enchanting fairy-tale world...complete with delightful twists and turns! That fueled my inspiration...as did the set of magical dragons, (and unicorns, fairies and mermaids - still scheduling play dates with them) sitting on my desk!

Once again talented Stef Perry is joining us as our March GUEST DESIGNER; you'll adore her card!  My teammates have some incredible inspiration happening, too; please drop by their places and leave them a comment to brighten their day: SueAngieVickiInaBobbyNancyLisaMaria

Hope you enjoy my pink dragon (MFT Magical Dragons), nestled in rainbow clouds (MFT Clouds stencil), with her sweet message to all of you who *do* make my life magical!


Just a different pose...

Looking forward to seeing your magical and/or mythical creations in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #194~Beautiful Rainbows


Allsorts Challenge Blog #458~Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes - inspired by the Land of Stories series I'm currently reading. Fairy tale to the extreme...and so. much. fun!

Get Creative Challenges #67~Fantasy/Mythological

The Library Challenge #2~The Hobbit - my dragon is much friendlier than the one in the book *grin*

Thank you for dropping by!


22 comments:

Jeanne said...

Love the colorful clouds/sky on this card, Carol. And your pretty pink dragon. So wonderfully magical. Oh gosh, now I want rainbow clouds! Thanks for sharing! Hugs!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So very cute with those rainbow clouds, and of course the adorable dragon

Sue VanDeVusse said...

What a little cutie and I love her done in pink! Your colorful sky is so cool and perfect for that little dragon to fly among the clouds.

Macimbalo said...

Oh I love your pink dragon and the clouds and colors - really so fun!

Bobby said...

The rainbow clouds definitely add a magical feeling to your card, Carol. It seems that dragon is popular so I'm glad you chose this as our theme this week even though I didn't have anything cute like this to use.

Marina said...

I love that rainbow / cloud background! Actually you could enter this into my Hobbit challenge (there's a dragon in the book). I think 'everyone' reads YA now, some YA fiction is so good. One of my fave books I've read in years is a YA book called Unwind - it's more sci-fi though and a bit disturbing.

Carole said...

Love those rainbow clouds carol...cute card. xx

Nancy said...

OMG! This sky looks incredible! As soon as I am done drooling over them, it's gettin pinned under my MFT inspiration board!! LOVE it so much! I definitely need to take lessons from you on my MFT cloud stencil!

Ellibelle said...

A wonderful card Carol, loving how you colored the dragon and how wonderful are those colorful clouds! And thanks for reminding me to finish reading the first land of stories book, I read half way through it then my daughter took it to school almost daily for a while --- it's back home again, time for me to finish reading it so I can get the others from the series.
And thank you so much for playing along with us this week at Allsorts challenge joining our theme of Fairy Tales and Nursery Rhymes!
Ellie
"Ellibelle's Creative Moments"

Kim Heggins said...

Too darn cute...love your adorable dragon!!! and those clouds look like so much fun to play with.

Stef Perry said...

Those rainbow colored clouds are awesome Carol, and of course there's not a much cuter dragon than that one and I love her in bright pink and yellow! Such a pretty and sweet card!

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, that dragon is so adorable and I love your rainbow clouds (never would have come up with that idea, maybe I should read those books...)!

Michelle W said...

Wow, adorable card! Thanks for playing along with our rainbow challenge at CAS-ual Fridays

Claire said...

Ooh I do like the rainbow cloud background for your cute and bold Dragon to take centre stage. Gorgeous colours x

Mac Mable said...

Love that cute dragon nestled in those dreaming and pretty clouds, very magical and adorable too x

Tracey McNeely said...

Super cute Carol!! Just magical! ;)

Lisa Mensing said...

This is adorable! The rainbow clouds and pink dragon are truly magical. Thanks for playing along at Casual Fridays Beautiful Rainbows Challenge. DTM Lisa

shirley-bee said...

Oh, this is adorable, Carol! I don't think I've ever seen rainbow-coloured clouds before and they look fantastic! I'll be borrowing that idea :)

Ina G said...

Gorgeous dragon Carol. So brightly coloured and so much more magical with the coloured clouds and the breathing fire...

brenda said...

A lovely creation for our 'Nursery Rhymes and Tales' theme at Allsorts challenge this week, many thanks for joining in.

B x

Darnell said...

This is so sweet and adorable, C!! I wager it will win in all these challenges! Congratulations on the well-deserved Favorite from CAS-ual Fridays!! Hugs, Darnell

Lisa Kind said...

Great challenge! I love your card! The clouds are just the perfect touch for this mystical and magical card!