Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Feathers and Roses...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #485~Photo

Hello,

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #485~Photo, where we have this stunning mood board to spark your creativity.  Swooning over the shades of blue...the dresses (I'd so wear one of those feathery gowns!), the roses, the cakes...everything! Simply gorgeous!


Two cards designed for the challenge; with the first featuring my HA peacock, set atop a background make with one of the feather stamps...


and the second using an MFT background roses stamp...(feeling 'meh' about this one - but I love the roses and wanted to try replicating them. Alas, water-colouring does me in every. single. time! So done with that! And nope...no more 'try this', 'try that'...okay, maybe once more. Everything water-colour-related gone/going into a box to be stashed out-of-sight...sighhhh!  Sorry, mini rant *grin*)


Please visit my wonderful team to see their beautiful photo-inspired cards, then join us in the gallery with your versions! Looking forward to seeing you there!

Also sharing at:

Cards in Envy Challenge~No Patterned Paper

A Blog Named Hero Challenge~Use Your Favourite Hero Arts Product (which are my lovely layered sets. I love them...LOVE!)

Thank you for dropping by!


11 comments:

Carole said...

What's wrong with your water colouring?...looks fine to me...and I love both of your cards. they are both a great take on that mood board.xx

Jeanne said...

Your peacock card is so beautiful, Carol! The colors are perfect. Wow! I personally really like your watercoloring, but I understand the feelings of meh when you work to achieve a certain look and feel like you didn't quite get there. I felt the very same way about watercoloring for many, many years It wasn't until I tried the Zig's that I felt I had any sort of success with it. Sometimes no matter our best efforts we don't achieve the look we would like to see. If it doesn't bring you joy, then set it aside and use what does! Big hugs! :)

Nandini said...

Both cards are gorgeous! And I love your watercoloring.

Julie B said...

And what is wrong with your roses, nothing at all, you are too hard on yourself Carol. Love your take on the frills with the feathery peacock too. :)

Ina G said...

You are way toooooooooo hard on yourself Carol. Love your rose coloured card. Nice layout. Your peacock card is gorgeous too. Fabulous background stamping.

Susanne Vargas said...

What a fabulous background you've created for your pretty peacock! And your blue roses are beautiful! I do not know why you are so frustrated that you want to throw out all your watercolor supplies. Aren't we always our own worse critics?

Bobby said...

The peacock was a perfect choice to replicate that flowing feather dress, Carol, and I'd love to see you in one. I'm only going to say this once more and then I'm going to have to come up there and spank you. (Yes I believe in gentle corporal punishment *wink*). There is nothing wrong with your watercoloring. If you're trying to compare yourself to watercolor artists then I can see why you might think it's not good enough. I try not to do that especially since my daughter is a wonderful artist. Otherwise I would never do any art at all.

Monika Reeck said...

Miss C
I love your peacock and that feather too
so blue and so beautiful
hope you have a great Easter time
hugs
Monika

Inkyfingers said...

What a lovely pair of cards Carol and they are such a good reflection of the inspiration photos. I think your water colouring is fine my friend!
Hugs
Carol x

desperatehousewifecraft said...

I feel the same way each time i watercolour Carol as it always falls short to my expectations...but i come back to it afew days later and realise its not bad...even quite good. Just like your roses, they're really beautifully watercoloured! Please say you'll continue as practise does make perfect! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

Those cards are beautiful, Carol! Connected by the inspirational photo, but so different in interpretation. Fabulous take on our challenge.