Friday, March 16, 2018

Uniko Studio Challenge #46~Colours (optional twist EASTER)

Hello,

Time for us to welcome Spring and what better way than with the new Uniko Studio Challenge #46 (Mar/April)~ Colour, with an optional twist of Easter.

Pastel colours, Easter bunnies, Easter eggs, polka dots, swirls, stripes...oh my! 
The gateways of  inspiration are unlimited!

Joining us as our Guest Designer for this challenge is uber-talented, innovative, witty and sweet Michele.  Her card is simply amazing; please visit her HERE and leave her some love. She'll be thrilled!

Soooo...time to share my designs and yes, I got carried away. Sorry...but the photo and the longing for Spring (snow and freezing rain happening here...ugh!) sparked abundant ideas. I got on a roll and just went with it.  Speaking of  being on a roll, let's get the show started....

First, one little Some Bunny nestled inside a frame created by embossing the Scattered Polka Dots Stencil then inking with pigment ink. I LOVE that the Uniko stencils emboss beautifully!


A second Some Bunny, paired with an embossed Scattered Polka Dots Stencil background and a Scattered Polka Dots stamped egg.  LOVE this bunny; that face! ACK! He's the only Easter bunny I have, or need, for that matter! He deserves plenty of stage time this time of year which I'm happy to accommodate (and he makes for a cute baby card, too!)


The pastel colours called for creating patterned backgrounds, so I designed two panels.

The first uses English Country Garden Butterflies flitting and fluttering over the panel, and a sentiment from the wonderfully versatile All Occasions Sentiments #6 set.


My second patterned background features Nature's Treasures II, with the pretty birthday sentiment from Simply Said Birthday.


Because the supplies were out, I couldn't resist another butterfly card: English Country Garden Butterflies and All Occasions Sentiments #6.


Finally, a set that recently joined my collection came out for a play: Happy Succulents paired with the bold Thanks from All Occasions Sentiments #6


Whew...yes, I went overboard; thank you so much for sticking with me!

Two tasks for you now:
1.  Please visit my teammates (links on the Uniko blog) to see theire beautiful cards.

2.  PLAY ALONG! You have plenty of time to share your creativity with us. The linky closes at midnight (GMT) on Friday 20th April 2018 (7.00pm EDT).

A Reminder Post at Uniko is scheduled for Friday, March 30th; here, when the other half of the team will showcase their inspirations.  

See you in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

Always Happy Birthday March Challenge~Anything Goes

Creative with Stamps Challenge #24~Bunny





Thank you for dropping by!


17 comments:

Lindsey said...

Ooh you've been having lots of fun in your craft room! What a wonderful array of cards. I particularly like the card with Natures Treasures - I would never have thought of pairing it with pastel colours but it works beautifully! X

Julie B said...

A fab selection Carol. Love the butterfly one, I had to liberate two painted ladies from my kitchen yesterday, they must have come in with the logs! :)

Jeanne said...

What a lovely assortment of beautiful spring cards, Carol. I hope it actually arrives for you soon, but you do well when you are dreaming of it! The bunny is so sweet and has such a happy look about his face. Love the polka dots. You know butterflies make me swoon and your two cards with them are just gorgeous. And thanks to you, I got so see some beautiful flowers, too. Wonderful work, my friend! Wow, you have been very busy! Yay! Hugs!

Janis Lewis said...

Darling spring cards! Thanks for sharing with us at Always Happy Birthday.

maria f. said...

Well Spring has certainly arrived at your blog! That second bunny brought me over. Perfection!!! Love the polka dot BG.

Dorlene Durham said...

Such a fun bunny! I love both bunny cards. They are so cute. Thanks for joining the March bunny challenge at Creative With Stamps.

Dorlene DT CWS

Izzy Scrap said...

OMG ! You've been very busy with all these beauties ! Is the weather so bad ? Love all your designs, combo of colours and combo of stamps & stencils. Better not to stop when the mojo is here ! They are all beautiful and if I had to choose a favorite one, I would take the last one with the vivid succulents ! A fabulous array of inspiration ! Hugs x

Kath Stewart said...

wow you have been busy creating all those beautiful cards, thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

Vicki Dutcher said...

Look at you go! All this beautiful eye candy in one post! Whew, that was exciting! ☺

Bobby said...

Wow girl, you were on a roll. But that's the way to do it. The ideas just keep flowing and you have to go with it. I love that bunny and I do have him in my stash. I love all the pastels and the edges of the frame and aperture give a wonderful lacy affect. Your coloring on the butterfly and succulent bouquet are fabulous. A terrific sextet of cards, Carol.

Patti said...

You have been busy my friend!! I am loving those bunny feet!!! I wanna tickle them LOL each card is so sweet and encourage me that spring actually will come some day! : )

BIG (((Hugs)))
Patti

Brenda said...

Wow, you have been very busy Carol! I love all your cards and they are so spring looking. The bunny cards are just adorable, I love the butterfly cards and leaves card and then I got to the succulent card, love, love, love! Hugs, Brenda

Susanne Vargas said...

The good thing about your weather it seems was, that you had plenty of time to craft! Look at that collection of gorgeous spring cards! Adore them all! You are right, that bunny is mega cute! I am having fun with him myself at the moment...

Teresa Kline said...

these are all adorable, luv the bunny card and the flower card too...sweet designs! I am so glad you played along with us at simon says stamp wednesday challenge!

blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Tracey McNeely said...

Carol I love all your amazing amazing cards, wish I could play with you!

Helen F. said...

Oh what a lovely collection of Springtime cards, Carol!
The bunny cards are so cute~Thank you for joining us at Creative With Stamps for this month's challenge! :-)

Sazzle Dazzle said...

A spring time frenzie of pretty colours and designs, with a couple of Easter bunnies thrown in too! Simply fun and cheery post Carol and superb showcases of these sets. Happy Spring to you! x