Friday, March 23, 2018

Another Magical Dragon...Inkspirational Challenge #157~Designer's Choice: Mythical

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #157~Designer's Choice...and the designer doing the choosing happens to be me! How lucky I am to have such a fabulous team willing to indulge me with my choice....


Joining us as our guest designer is Mimi, from She’s Crafty fame. Her blog name is 110% apt, because WOW! Mimi wields creativity to the nth degree. You name it; she creates it...cards, tags, wall decor...and her magic with library cards? Oh my stars!  Please visit her blog (her posts are wonderfully engaging); you'll come away dazzled, delighted an definitely inspired!  I'd love if you visited my talented teammates, too...they're the BEST!!


My Mythical card features (another) play with MFT's Magical Dragons. This time, the princess and knight are part of the scene...


The cutie pie dragon is a 'left over' from the 25 (yes...25) dragon-themed tags I made for my niece, to share with her friends on her birthday earlier this month. I'll post photos of a couple down the road. Let's just say a LOT of copic colouring  (and despite all of that, I still haven't mastered blending and colour combinations...) and a LOT of fun happened!

Hope my enjoyed my little mythical scene; more important, I hope it gives you incentive to dive into your stash to find something mythical - elves, unicorns, dragons, fairies, wizards, to suggest just a few - and join us with a card, or three!


Looking forward to seeing your mythical creations in the gallery!


Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Nonni said...

So cute, Carol! Your ink blended sky is so well made and looks amazing + your Copic coloring turned out wonderful too -I love these pastel shades!

Jeanne said...

Such a sweet scene. Love the dragon and the princess swooning over him. Makes me smile. Your ink blended sky looks wonderful. And we can't forget the brave knight ready to defend the princess if necessary. Love this! Happy hugs!

sandie said...

I think you most certainly have mastered ink blending Carol, you are being super critical of your self! I adore the little scene and love all the dimension-you set a tough challenge for me and I kinda of took a weird approach but heh...artistic license!!

Shauna said...

I agree with Sandie... you are being way too hard on yourself. I was already checking out this card on your IG because I am so impressed with the coloring! This card really stands out... great scene, great sky, fantastic characters... you have found a new strength!
- Shauna

Marina said...

You are doing such fab stuff with this set and this is another cute and wonderful creation.

Bobby said...

You are really into the mystical, Carol. ;) This time I'll try something different. Your coloring is wonderful and I love those fluffy clouds.

Anita in France said...

What a cute scene, Carol ... those beautifully coloured characters are so sweet! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

This is super adorable, Carol!

Kim S said...

Wow! 25 dragons!! You are the best aunt ever!!! Your card is truly charming. Love those little characters with the soft scene behind them.

Kylie said...

I really had fun with this challenge. I also love this stamp set and you have coloured your images perfectly! I don't know if you need practice at all! Your background is stunning too. xx