Friday, January 5, 2018

Thank You, Bear-y Much!...Just Us Girls Challenge #422~Word Week: Anything Goes

Hello,

A while back, I received an unexpected, surprising and ohmystars note and request from my wonderful friend, Vicki.  Let's just say that after catching my breath, controlling my wild happy dancing, and wearing the brightest of smiles, I was able to fashion an answer of yes, yes and yes! Today, I finally get to spill the beans:

I am over-the-moon ECSTATIC to share that I'm joining the Just Us Girls design team!

Talk about an honour in having opportunity to play alongside some of *the* best, sweetest designers in the craft-iverse! Call me thrilled and excited! Without further ado, let's get the ball rolling...

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #422~ Word Week, where our incredibly talented Vicki has chosen *Anything Goes* as this week's theme. Perfect way to start the new year, right? Right!!

My card features the darling bear image from the monthly Kit and Clowder colouring class I'm enrolled in (I actually completed my December assignment on time!); isn't he darling! Of course, still plenty to learn, especially in creating fur and getting light sources 'just so.'  I'm dedicating this little cutie pie to my new team: THANK YOU for your warm welcome!


Our guest designer this week is  Cathy McCauley [cathymac]; you'll adore her card as you will those of my new team-mates! Please head over, enjoy their delights and then: join us in the gallery!

Excited to see where Anything Goes takes you!

Thank you for dropping by!


22 comments:

Jeanne said...

Congratulations, Carol! I'm sure you are going to have a marvelous time on the team. They are very lucky to have YOU! Oh my goodness, your coloring on this image is absolutely fantastic. Look at the fur! You nailed it! You are obviously a star pupil! I'm so happy you shared this. Maybe I'll get to start mine this weekend. We shall see. I'm trying! Hugs! :)

Vicki Dutcher said...

WHOA! How cute is this card- that coloring is amazing! So glad you accepted our offer and you are now officially a JUGHEAD! :)

Bobby said...

Welcome to the team, Carol. It's always my honor and pleasure to serve with you. That bear is darling and your coloring of his fur is amazing. I'd say that class is bringing out the artist in you.

Macimbalo said...

So happy you are here, welcome, Carol!!! I love your work- this card is no exception! Amazing coloring - just blows me away!

Marisa said...

That image is beyond adorable!! Love it!! A HUGE congrats on the JUGS team - I was a member of it for 3+ years and they are a wonderful group of ladies ♥ I look forward to seeing your creations. Happy New Year and blessings for a great year ahead ((hugs))

Trina P. said...

Congratulations, Carol! 👏🎉👏 Love your adorable card. So gorgeously coloured.

Happy Dance said...

Congrats!! How wonderful for you dear friend! I will try to play along when I can! And your coloring... dang, girl! I think you can quit the class now...! Sweet little image, and I'll bet Miss T. is going to want to give this a try, too. Stay warm! Bev

Ina G said...

OMG Carol the colouring of that most beautiful image is beyond belief. Count me out of that department. I am in awe of those that have THAT TALENT. What a way to start your journey with us at JUGS. Sooooooo happy to be working with you on yet another Team and so glad you said YES to Vicki's call.

Loll said...

Oh my gosh ... that is the cutest little bear I've ever seen!! Amazing colouring Carol!! Love your card. xx

Loll said...

Oops ... congrats on being the newest member at Just Us Girls!!!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on joining JUGs, Carol! Your card is a delight ... so cute and so beautifully coloured ... you've made hime so 'lifelike' he's just about ready for a sweet snuggle! Hugs, Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Congratulations....What an amazing card, so cute and fabulously coloured in x

Darnell said...

Congratulations on the Design Team assignment with JUGS, Carol! They are lucky to have you, my busy and talented friend! Your sweet bear and posies card melts my heart! Well done on your coloring ~ I think your fur is fantastic!! Hugs, Darnell

Susanne Vargas said...

Congratulations on your new Design Team! They chose well, my dear! It looks like that class was worth it - that cute bear is colored beautifully!

shirley-bee said...

Congratulations on your latest DT gig, Carol! Your pencil-coloured bear with flowers is adorable!

Nancy said...

We are the ones dancing! Thrilled to have you designing along side us! Your card is Precious Carol! The coloring is amazing! I have been pondering taking a class or two. Although, Hubby is an Art teacher and not sure that would go over real well! LOL The fur looks fab!! Happy New Year to you!!

Sue Lelli said...

Your coloring is Beautiful and the bear is so Sweet! Congrats on making this design team!

Shelly said...

Yay, Carol!! Congrats!! :)
SUPER cute card!! Love it!

JoAnn said...

Congrats. Love that adorable image and your great coloring.

Patti said...

Congratulations Carol!! I see Blogland snatching you up all over the place!! I am so super happy for you AND them!! your card is darling and that fur?! wow!!

(((Hugs)))
Patti

Sue VanDeVusse said...

It's such an honor to have you join us here at JUGS! Welcome aboard! Your card is absolutely adorable with that cute little bear and colored to perfection!

Barb Ghig said...

Be still, my heart...this is absolutely darling, Carol! And, it's a first class advertisement for Kit & Clowder! Keep up the good work, I'm so impressed!
Congrats on your new DT spot...how lucky the Just Us Girls team is to have you!