Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Read, Relax, Repeat...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #277~Make Your Mark

Hello,

I've been at my my mom's since Jan. 19th, on a 'working' visit to mark diploma exams. We're on Day 9; two more to go! Long days...bleary eyes...and a grateful heart to have after-hours time to spend with mom and, of course, my cutie-patootie niece and nephew!  On the other hand, I miss my husband and the crafting withdrawal? Oh myyyyy! Hope I remember 'how' to craft once I'm back home *grin*

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #277~Make Your Mark.


I've had the My Favorite Things Our Story set for ever so long, but my colouring skills have held me back from using it. I just can't get skin tones and hair highlights/blending 'right' on the adorable little girl and boy. Fortunately, the current challenge at FUSION Card Challenge~Coffee and a Book, sparked an idea.
Rather than fretting over my issues with colouring the big images, I went with some smaller ones...the stack of books, the little coffe cup and the wee dresser. Purple, blue and green, with a pop of red and soft brown felt like 'cozy' colours...as did the knitted embossing folder...


Will be working on colouring the rest of the images once I'm back home...practice, practice, practice!

Please visit my teammates to see their wonderful *make your mark* creations.

Looking forward to seeing your cards/projects in the gallery!

Also sharing at:

CAS on Friday Challenge #125~Colour Me Pretty Hope it's okay that my 'white space' is kraft...

Stempelkuche Challenge #87~Embossing (Dry or Heat)




Thank you for dropping by!


20 comments:

Ina G said...

Oh Carol that background is to die for! Awesomely detailed. Goes perfectly with the dresser. Love your colourful books - nothing wrong there. Love this card.

Monika Reeck said...

The embossing folder is to die For
may I ask which company Miss C
its so adorable in brown cardstock wooohooo
and the coloring the books so adorable too
the desk drawer too
love what you show here
adorable card Miss C
see you around
hugs
Monika

Julie B said...

I love that EF Carol and is perfect for the Fusion challenge. Fab card. :)

maria f. said...

What a perfect winter card - that EF. So mferg01 style! Love this. And totally with you on that coloring phobia - but practice is a good thing ;)

Happy Dance said...

Wowzers!! That's a perfect card for this photo and sketch! It's all warm and cozy, and a very good idea for a cold winter's day. Your coloring is good, and while people are hard to color, I know you'll do just fine; I have every confidence in you! You'll notice I rarely color people....lol!! What a great card! Love it, dear friend. Bev

Gwendolyn said...

I just want to snuggle up to your background, it looks so cosy! And i love the stack of books on the dresser which you coloured so well! That sentiment is perfect too. can't wait to see your coloured figures, I'm sure they'll be just as beautifully coloured! Sorry i haven't been visiting your gorgeous creations, but now that our house move is done, I have more time to visit my talented teammies! Hugs, Gwendolyn

Brenda said...

Glad you are enjoying your visit with your mother, niece and nephew Carol, even if it is a working visit. I adore your card, just to cute!!! I know you can color the kids-let us let you know how it turned out because I'm thinking you are being to hard on yourself. Although I understand it as I do the same thing. Big hugs, Brenda

Susan said...

Terrific card! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Friday!

Susanne Vargas said...

What? Why have your coloring skills held you back? They are perfect! Love that knit embossing folder, it gives the card such a cozy look! Read - Relax -Repeat, now this is my kind of weekend or vacation activity!

Darnell said...

I don't think anyone anywhere could come up with a better take on this photo, c, whether on the DT or in the gallery! It is brilliant! Period!! Glad you are home safe with hubby, but now I'm sure you will have withdrawals from your Mom and the sweet little rascals! I think they all need to move to your town!! Hugs, Darnell

Anita in France said...

Deliciously warm and cosy and texture-y, Carol ... just the perfect place to curl up with that colourful stack of books ... brilliant ... count me in! Hugs, Anita :)

Jeanne said...

Look at that warm and cozy blanket you can cuddle up in while you read that glorious stack of books. Perfection, Carol! Big hugs to you!

Wilma de Korte said...

I love reading :) So your card and the stamp is awesome!
Thanks for joining us at Cas on Friday!

Nandini said...

Wow! the background is amazing. And I love the stock of colorful books!

Inkyfingers said...

What a gorgeous card for a book-loving friend Carol and the embossed background is amazing! Hope you finished all your marking and are back in your craft room.
Hugs
Carol x

Bobby said...

I think I said it before but this is THE perfect take on the photo, Carol. And I think you protest too much about the coloring. It looks wonderful.

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

OMG!!! How beautiful it is!!! The texture and color are amazing, lovely back for that colorful pile of books.

Projekt Cupcake said...

I love this embossing folder. The cozy feel of it matches perfectly the image. Reminds of a lazy day snuggled in a cozy blanked and reading a book. Thank you for joining the Stempelküche-Challenge.
Jennifer^^

Stempelomi said...

lovely card!Thanks for joining us at Stempelküche-challenge! Hugs,Beate

Mimi Zitrone said...

Beautiful card, what a pretty folder! Thank you for playing with us at Stempelküche-Challenge!