Welcome to Uniko Studio Jan/Feb Challenge #45, where we're inviting you to draw inspiration from this prompt:
The beautiful photo, the something old-something new theme, the optional twist of love: plenty of 'sparks' for you with this challenge AND the fact that it spans five weeks is even more enticement to play along. And then, there are the prizes...more on that later!
Joining our talented team is our incredibly creative Guest Designer, Anita. Her chic, stylish card has my CAS-loving heart swooning. Please drop by her blog, as well as those of the DT, to see the lovelies they've created and, while you're visiting, please leave a comment. I know they'd be tickled pink if you did.
My first card features two 'something news' (Pure Florals: Rose and Lattice stencil), paired with a duo of 'somethings old':
- colouring with prismacolour pencils and blending with gamsol (that's the "old" part). I'd forgotten how easily gamsol smooths out lines and softens colour; definitely keeping it right next to my pencils from this point forward!
- using Tattered Rose distress ink to stencil; I've moved it forward in my little collection of inks, as it's so very pretty (as is Victorian Velvet, which was another oldie-find).
Because I had some watercoloured roses left over from a previous project, a second card happened (not sure why my leaves are so yellowy; in real life, they're pretty Peeled Paint green). The 'new' somethings are, again, the roses and stencil; the 'old' is the sentiment from All Occasions Sentiments #5. With Love as the twist, you will certainly be seeing this set in action! It's filled with amour in a variety of ways!
That's it from me!
Looking forward to seeing your inspirations in the gallery!
- Main Winner Chosen By the DT - £25 eGift Certificate
- Random Uniko Stamps Winner - £4 In Stock Clear Stamp Set of Winners Choosing
- Top 3 Chosen By DT - 150 Loyalty Reward Points
You've got plenty of time to play along with this month's challenge. The deadline for submission is midnight (GMT) on Friday, February 23rd, 2018 (7.00pm EDT).
Thank you for dropping by!