Friday, January 12, 2018

Believe in the Magic....Just Us Girls Challenge #423~Trend Week - Galaxy Backgrounds/Night Sky

Hello, 

Another week has zipped by and a cold one it was! We hit -43C one night! Forecast is for much warmer weather (well...anything is warmer than -43C!) over the weekend and into next week. Sure hoping so; I need some outdoors time!

Speaking of 'night'...Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #423~Trend Week, where DT Sue is inviting us to create Galaxy Backgrounds or a Night Sky for our cards. Very trendy, indeed - and they can be made in such a variety of ways, from alcohol inks, to distress inks, to paints, to...well, whatever most of us have on hand!   

Cathy McCauley, aka Cathymac, is joining us once again as our GD, and her card, along with the those of my team mates - SueAngieVickiInaBobbyNancy - is stellar!  You're in for some amazing "star-cases"!

If you've followed me for awhile, you'll know that water-colour and I are NOT friends, so no fabulous rich, deep purples/blues, star-studded galaxy for me. I went with distress inks and perfect pearlized water droplets to create a softy night scene for my shimmery fairy.  I think we all need to believe in 'magic' sometimes, don't you?


Please visit Cathy and the rest of the gals; they'd love to have you drop by at their places and be dazzled by where this theme has taken them.

Excited to see where Galaxy/Night Sky backgrounds takes you!

Thank you for dropping by!

11 comments:

Loll said...

Gorgeous watercoloured background Carol. Love the waterdroplets that adds lots of visual texture. Beautiful die-cut fairy with perfect sentiment! xx

Jeanne said...

Your background is so pretty, Carol. Love all the softly blended colors Perfect for your little pixie fairy. Golly it sure has been cold for you! I hope you warm up soon! Hugs!

Lisa Kind said...

You created a beautiful background and I love the fairytale magic theme of your card.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Your background is so soft and beautiful! It's perfect for that daring little fairy. And yes I do believe in the Magic!

Bobby said...

This indeed looks like a magical background, Carol. And you can get a dark starry sky with Distress Inks. ;) Just look at mine.

Ina G said...

You hit -43c I think I would die of cold. How about getting close to 43c!!! Nearly that here for the weekend and the AC is working overtime. Don't know what I would do without it - oh yes I would melt.
Can't water colour? Nothing wrong here. Love your softly inked background with those lovely splatters. Perfect for your darling fairy. Love the sentiment also.

Anita in France said...

So pretty, Carol ... that delicate shimmery fairy looks as though she's surrounded by pixie dust ... yep, certainly magical ... and gorgeous! I can guess which little miss fairy this delight is heading to! Stay cosy! Hugs, Anita :)

Susanne Vargas said...

I just love that graceful fairy and she looks even more beautiful in front of that stunning background! A truly magical card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Those soft colors are perfect with the fairy!

Nancy said...

We hit the jackpot having you with us Carol! Your card is terrific along with your post! The fairy really looks like she is floating among that beautiful sky! Well done!

Cathymac said...

Love your dreamy nighttime sky with that delicate fairy die cut, Carol! A magical card, indeed!