Friday, January 26, 2018

Bear on a Bike (Today is a Good Day..)....Just Us Girls Challenge #425~Photo Week

Hello,

Hope you're having a great week! As for me: currently on Day EIGHT of zero crafting, due to marking diploma exams! Withdrawal symptoms? Oh yes! On the plus side, I'm staying with my mom, so after-hours time with her and, of course, with my niece and nephew, keeps me happily occupied!  NOTE: a thousand apologies for falling behind in commenting...long days of marking essays after essays after essays is taxing! I'll make up for it once I'm back home!

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #425~Photo Week, where Maria has chosen this marvelous image for us. Oh, to have such a keen eye for home decor!


My attention went directly to the trio of bikes-and-flowers prints on the wall (those would be perfect in my house!!) which inspired me to *finally* colour up my Waffle Flower Happy Days bear on a bike.  My copic colouring needs wayyyy more practice and given that I'm a bike racing official (excited for the season to begin!), I'll just *have* to colour up a bunch more bears. Isn't he the most adorable-est-est EVER? And his little wagon...and the flowers...and the butterfly? ACK!  I used my MFT Clouds stencil and STAMPlorations Hills dies to create his surroundings. I may keep this card just for me...for a while...


Cathy McCauley, aka Cathymac, is joining us once again as our GD, with another amazing card!  My teammates have some incredible inspiration happening, too; please drop by their places and leave them some love:  SueAngieVickiInaBobbyNancyLisaMaria.

Excited to see how this fabulous photo inspires you!

Also sharing at:

Creatalicious Challenge #131~Anything Goes (optional twist: Cute)

Simon Says Wednesday Challenge~Layer It Up


Thank you for dropping by!


16 comments:

Jeanne said...

Absolutely fabulous coloring! You don't give yourself near enough credit, Carol. It looks wonderful. What a delightful little scene! Wouldn't it look great if your bikers ran races on one of these?! :) Hope you have a great day. Hugs!

Bobby said...

Your little scene is so darling, Carol. And I don't know how much better you can get at Copic coloring. It all looks fabulous to me. I think you need to get a shadow box and frame that little biking bear.

Macimbalo said...

Wow, this is adorable and your coloring is amazing! I just love the clean and gorgeous look to this card!!!

Maria said...

Oh my gosh how cute!! LOVE that bear on a bike! Amazing job, coloring/layout! All of it perfect.

Lucille K said...

Such a sweet scene on your cute card and your coloring is perfect :)

Ina G said...

Gee how often are we on the same waive length. Seems to happen regularly lol. Love that bear riding merrily along. Such a beautiful summery scene you created here. Bet you are looking forward to it IRL.
I think I would go mental marking all those exam papers. I bet you are so looking forward to play time again. Enjoy those precious times with your family. HUgs.

Marina said...

What a delightful scene - so pretty and beautifully coloured. I have that set and have only used it once. Shame on me.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

This is such an adorable scene and I think your coloring is perfect! I love that cute bear riding that bike!

Meighan Wheller said...

Amazing colouring and such a fun layout! Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

Tracy Freeman said...

I adore this set and adore what you have created with it, such a lovely scene
Thanks for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge x

Anita in France said...

Me too, Carol ... zero crafting, zero commenting for the last week ... life!! Your little bear on a bike scene is simply adorable ... such brilliant colouring and sweet, sweet detailing! Your love cards for Ink are fabulous too ... crisp and graphic and delicious! Hugs, Anita :)

Nancy said...

Your card is simply wonderful Carol! I just ordered the MFT cloud stencil. If my clouds look half as good as yours I will be thrilled. This card is truly a work of art! You have also inspired me to use my hills for grass instead of snow....DUH!! LOL

Kim S said...

I wouldn't even have noticed the pictures in the background!! And you saw them and had the perfect set. Such an amazing scene you created - absolutely charming details!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Total adorable inspired card! That bear makes me smile :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Oh, that bicycling bear is indeed ultra cute and your card so very pretty! I would keep this card, too, at least until I had time to make another one! Some cards I have a hard time parting with - glad I'm not alone!

kreative basteltante said...

WooW, wath for a beautiful card
Thanks for sharing with us at Creatalicious, we hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs DT Manuela