Wednesday, April 19, 2017

Oops A Daisy....Serendipity Stamps April Blog Hop #2, Just Us Girls Challenge #389~Peach, Lemon, Pink

Hello, 

The time's just whizzing by; hopefully, Spring has sprung where you are and the 'darling buds of May' are ready to make an appearance in what is but a matter of days! Us? Rain and snow in the forecast...which is typical here for April...and May...sometimes June and July...definitely August *grin*

Enough time-and-weather talk! Welcome to Serendipity Stamps April Blog Hop #2! Once again, my fantastic DT and I are showcasing some fabulous products that, hopefully, will inspire and delight. Your part is easy: by simply hopping along and leaving comments,  you're in the running for s a $20 gift certificate.  Here's the hop list....

Carol Mayne - you are here

Two cards, both inspired by the pretty spring colours over at  Just Us Girls Challenge #389~Peach, Lemon, Pink


My cards marks the debut of my new Oops A Daisy Cling Stamp Set (such crisp images!), which I paired with the Shadow Rectangle background stamp.  Speaking of background stamps: did you know that Mary has a variety of those in the shop, ranging from the one you see here - long and lean - to a smaller square version, as well as several that cover full panels. I've used several in the past (Summer Flower Pops Background and Marble Cells, to name two).  In the next while, I have plans to play with a few more; hopefully, you'll see as much potential in them as I do.  Anyway, back to this card...


A clean, simple pretty daisy that becomes all the more delightful with the sweet sentiment.  My "Oops a Daisy"carries into the inside with the partner sentiment you see in the card below.....


For this one, the single daisy takes the stage, with supporting roles played by stenciled ink splatters. CAS and easy...and I think the daisy performs its role well!

That's it from me!  Two tasks for you now:


  • Get hopping! Next on the list is wonderfully talented Karen Amidon. Enjoy!
Thank you for dropping in today; your visit brings me joy! 


28 comments:

craftymom205 said...

Love the cards.

Jeanne said...

Fabulous cards, Carol. I really like the images. Super crisp as you say. I also like the colors and how you used the same on both cards. Great way to show the versatility of the stamps. Different looks for sure. Better to say beautiful looks. Oh goodness, I do hope you are joking that you can get snow in July and August! Let there be a couple of months where that isn't in the back of your mind. :) Hugs!!

~amy~ said...

So fun, love the Oops a Daisy one!

Denise Bryant said...

Love your fun Oops a Daisy card!

Mary Dew Lee said...

Love this design! So fun, bright and QUICK! Perfect for when you have to send that belated birthday card!

lynda said...

Awesome clean and simple cards! That daisy!! I'm in upstate New York, so I commiserate with you regarding the weather! My daffodils are up, but the weather is vacillating between warm and cold.

Sue D said...

Pretty daisy cards. I like the backgrounds and the upside down daisy.

Mary Holshouser said...

Fun card.
Love how you put him inside
the card with all three colors.
thanks for sharing.

Renee's ramblings said...

Your cards are wonderful, Carol! The CAS designs and the pops of bright colors make them perfect for any occasion.

Teresa Godines #6857 said...

Pretty projects. Love you splash of color. TFS

McStamper said...

Great ideas. Love your bursts of color background.

Eileen said...

Love oops a daisy I wasn't expecting that---- great idea!

Jean said...

So prettY!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun color blocking love the sentiment with the upside down flower thanks for joining in at JUGS

Geri said...

The cards are gorgeous, the colors are stunning! Love the 'blocks of color' - the perfect way to highlight these awesome images!

ionabunny said...

Love that image. The upsidedown daisy is such a fun detail and I love that splattered CAS beauty. Hugz

cghundley said...

How lovely these
cards are, great
colors.
Carla from Utah

Helen said...

Great cards! So different but fresh, clean and simple.

Laurie said...

Adorable cards! Love the daisy! I love clean and simple cards!

Susanne Vargas said...

That sentiment is fun combined with the daisy stamp! Love how you used the shadow stamp on the first and the splatters on the second card! Great way to "color" images!

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

Daisies always work great for cards, and I love the way you've paired yours with the stenciled splash background.

Petra Swart said...

Oh, that first card is so fun, Carol - for sure has me smiling!!!! Cleverly done!!! Love the bg stamping!!! And the stenciled ink splatters on the second card are really lovely and looks simply great with the daisy stamped atop!!! I think I need that sentiment stamp - LOL!!!!! That is such a fun font and it goes beautifully with the daisy image!!!!! Great cards, my friend!!!
Hugz

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this gorgeous splash of color! This feels so fresh and ready for spring!

Cathy said...

Such a fun card!

Anita in France said...

Daisy-licious, Carol ... they're both (I believe there are two!) so fun and smile inducing ... and so pretty! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Ha ha ha, really laughed out loud when I saw that first card - what a FUN sentiment!!!! The second card is lovely as well!

Kim S said...

How fun!!!

Rhonda said...

Love your upside down daisy!