Thursday, April 13, 2017

Flowers and Peacocks...FUSION Challenge~Truck Bouquet

Hello,

Once again, you've WOWed us with the abundant creativity shared in the previous challenge! You dazzled us with your takes on the Easter-themed images; I can only imagine how you'll take it up several notches for the new challenge! Welcome to FUSION Challenge~ Truck Bouquet.  Stunning bouquet and I think that silvery-blue truck is a wonderful canvas! As always, we have a sketch to spark you as well....


A trio of cards to share today. The first two, inspired by the sketch (slightly adapted, of course) are simply sentiment-changed versions of the same card, featuring my new HA Peacock Layering stamps/dies. The layers are easier to line-up than I thought (although I watched several videos, just to be sure).  Score-lines create the 'panel' (the only way I knew I could get straight-ish lines!), with STAMPlorations Flourish stencil used for the background. Guess what colour I used for the second?  Yep...Peacock Feathers!



I am very proud of my accomplishment with my next card: Concord & 9th's Hello Lovely, using the faux water-coloured images that accompany the set. Amy R (Prairie, Paper and Ink) designed a card using these recently, and after watching her magic unfold (about a dozen plus a dozen times), I ventured forth with my own attempts.  Several mis-steps later, this one emerged, as did a second (the same - created as a back-up, should the need arise *grin*)...

Hopefully, my colours complement those in the bouquet, as that was my intent...


I'm smitten with this 'look'...definitely going to practice and play some more with other colour combinations. Maybe I'll get really daring and see what happens if I use lightly spritzed distress inks. Of course, no sentiment...after all that effort, I wasn't going to risk it!

That's it from me!  Please head over to the FUSION site to gaze and admire the beauties created by my design team. Guaranteed, they'll leave you breathless with awe! 


Also sharing at:

Just Us Girls Challenge #388~Multi-Step Stamping


A Blog Named Hero April Challenge~Anything Goes




So delighted you found time to drop by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!



22 comments:

Jeanne said...

Absolutely fabulous work, Carol! Gorgeous peacock cards. I especially like (after the wonderfully colorful bird) the embossed lined that frame the lovely stencil work. Your faux watercoloring looks amazing! Thanks so much for sharing!! Hugs!

creative lady said...

Beautiful! I love the peacock, and the beautiful floral card. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.

Petra Swart said...

Those peacocks are soooooo beautiful, Carol and the soft bg sponging is perfect to have your birds really stand out!!!! Both cards are lovely - the top one with the darker blue is my fave of the two!!!!! Your card with the bouquet is absolutely WOW, my friend!!!! You've mastered the technique perfectly and your card is FABULOUS!!!! I would do some in all the colours of the rainbow if I were you - I can just imagine how fun it must be to see your image come to life when adding the different colours!!!! Wonderfully done!!!
Hugz

Ina G said...

Oh WOW! Carol you have certainly wowed me with these creations. Fabulous take on the sketch with that beautiful peacock but you really floored me with your floral card. The way you coloured those flowers is amazing. Stunning. Thank you sooooooo much for sharing with us at Just Us Girls this week. Sure hope you come back with your talents again soon.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

These are beautiful! You have stamped the peacocks and the flowers beautifully. That floral card is especially amazing! Thanks so much for playing with us at JUGS!

~amy~ said...

What beautiful cards...awesome job on the Hero Arts Color Layering Peacock! The floral card is WOW.

Greta said...

That C&9 stamp is on my wishlist--now more than ever! Absolutely stunning, Carol!

Suchi said...

Both your cards are so pretty Carol!! Your coloring in the second one is fab!! :)
Suchi xx

Aileen said...

All three look wonderful Carol, I love how you used that bouquet of flowers, I had fortten it comes with a watercolour stamp if you dont want to colour it. Arent those peacocks wonderful.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love these cards that flower coloring is quite fabulous!

Marisa said...

Gorgeous peacock, and that flower cluster card is AMAZING!!

Susanne Vargas said...

Your peacock cards look so elegant! And the flower bouquet is fabulous and doesn't need a sentiment!
Happy Easter, my friend!

Karren said...

Fabulous selection of cards, Carol! I just adore the floral bouquet - it packs such a wonderful punch!

Linda Callahan said...

Beautiful cards!

Tracy Freeman said...

Such beautiful cards, the peacocks look perfect.
Thank you for sharing with us at A Blog Named Hero x

Bobby said...

Those peacocks are beautiful, Carol, almost as much as the real ones my brother has and we enjoyed while on vacation. The flowers are gorgeous. Faux or not, you'll be a watercolorist one way or another before you know it.

Anita in France said...

Such gorgeous, striking peacocks Carol ... lovely against the soft stencilling ... and the bouquet of blooms is just fabulous ... I adore that set and you've made it shine here! Hugs, Anita :)

Rosmarie said...

Wow, these peacocks are sooo beautiful!! ...and I really love the fabulous coloring of your wonderful floral bouquet!!
Thank you so much for joining us at House of Cards.
Rosi xx

Brenda said...

Wow, your cards are stunning Carol! I love those peacocks-they are so beautiful. And the card with the flowers, OMGosh, it just doesn't get any better than this! I'm speechless about your watercoloring, it looks like an artist did it, oh wait, an artist did do it!!! Well done my friend! Hugs, Brenda

Geri said...

WOW!!! Carol, these are gorgeous! You have absolutely nailed this technique! I'm so I love with the colors...specially loving the beautiful flowers!

Shelly said...

My oh my...these are all BEAUTIFUL! Love them!

Glittered Paws said...

Such pretty cards - love the peacock - very very pretty. I just got a HA set so anxious to try. Thank you for joining us at The House of Cards this month.