Sunday, April 2, 2017

Concord & 9th Flourish Celebrate...Cupcake Inspirations Challenge #401~Maroon, Coral & Lemon

Hello,

WOW! Cupcake Inspirations 400th Challenge Birthday Celebration was a resounding success! A mega thank you to all our generous sponsors, our fabulous guest designers, and especially all of YOU who joined us in the gallery with your previous cupcake inspired birthday cards! Choosing winners was quite the challenge and for the record, we consider everyone to be a star!

So...we have a little somthin'-somethin' new to tantalize you with this week.  How's this inspiration photo for setting your sweet tooth tingling?  Welcome to Cupcakes Inspiration Challenge #401~Maroon, Coral and Lemon. The icing roses are spectacular!  Can I just say: seeing these fantastic cupcakes week after week has me contemplating a cake decorating class!


Our sponsor for this challenge is Birch Press Designs, who will be awarding the lucky winner a $20 gift certificate to their store. Incentive, indeed.


Finally, finally, finally I've inked up a stamp set that has been sitting in (or is that 'on') the NBUS pile for far tooo long: Concord & 9ths Flourish.  I mean, how many fantastic releases ago did this gem appear!  Anyway, I consider it to be 'timeless'...and it's about 'time' I use it....Nothing super creative, as the C&9th designers have done all the work. I just followed their lead and voila...


New goodies means I'm also heading over to Darnell's place, where she's inviting us to join her in the 2nd Annual April Fool's Boo-Boo Hop and NBUS Challenge #11.  I confess that a few boo-boos happened in the making of this card but I didn't remember to take photos. Trust me: all for the best! *grin*


Please be sure to visit the Cupcakes site, where an array of Maroon, Coral and Lemon treats away.  Then, join us in the gallery.  Remember: cupcakes are not required to play along (although we'd never, ever turn down cupcakes...or cakes...or pies...or chocolate chip cookies).  This week, just go with the scrumptious colours...(why did I mention cookies...craving!).

So delighted you found time to drop by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!

12 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh my goodness, Carol! This is so beautiful! I adore all the lovely spring colors. It feels like a celebration of spring and makes me smile. Wonderful work! :) Hugs!

Marlena M. said...

Hey Lady, I haven't been in to say hello in awhile (migraine city makes it such a challenge to form sentences and what not). I was thrilled to see it was you when I clicked at the April Fool's Challenge. This is GORGEOUS, friend! I'll have to stop in at the cupcake challenge and give it a go~

Darnell said...

This truly is a timeless set, Carol, and I love how you used the delicious colors in your design! Thank you so much ~ with all you have to do ~ for being a doll and giving me a shoutout! I appreciate that you used your NBUS and joined in Challenge #11!! Love ya, Darnell

MaryH said...

Oh this is SO pretty! Love the delicious colors of spring, and your water color skills are wonderful! I like the layout, just a breath of fresh air. TFS & Hugs

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this card and you used one of my favorite sets from Concord and 9th. I have used my set a lot and love to work with it.

Brenda said...

Oh my, this is a beautiful card Carol! I love those flowers and the flower scene you have created!!! The colors are so springful and happy. And yes, I do like making up my own words. lol Hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

This is so sweet! Love the colors!

Mimi said...

You crack me up!
This is a lovely card-- is that one big stamp, I wonder? Golly... the possibilities are endless regarding occasions... birthday, sympathy, congrats...

Geri said...

WOW! WOW! WOW! This so seriously needs to be framed...it is GORGEOUS!!!! Your stamping is absolutely flawless...and so is your design! This really needs to be framed and hung on a wall :)

Anita in France said...

Absolutely lovely, Carol ... the soft spring colours are perfect with this delicious (and in my wish book!) C9 set! You made it shine, my friend! Hugs, Anita :)

EK Gorman said...

Carol, this card is just lovely. It makes me think of spring. And the colors you pulled are perfect!!!!

Sandi said...

What a sweet card....your stamping is lovely!