Sunday, April 2, 2017

Lacy Leaves Just A Note...Guest Designer for CAS on Sunday Challenge #105~Leaves/Tree

Hello,

Happy April!  Time for Spring, right?  Hoping so....

Today, I'm thrilled and delighted to be joining the fabulous, welcoming team at CAS on Sunday as the guest designer for CAS on Sunday Challenge #105~Leaves/Tree.  When Janneke shared the theme with me I knew exactly which leaf images I wanted to use, but the 'how' was a bit elusive. And then...I recalled having watched Amy R's (fellow Canadian..and WOW, her videos/creativity = outstanding!) fabulous Colour Throwdown video a while ago and...dots connected.

Colour Throwdown Challenge #436~Light Yellow, Blue and Green


The inspiration photo is scrumptious, but what caught my eye were the trio of ink splats. (Actually, of late - as you have easily seen - ink splats have been frequently catching my eye...and I'm not done with them quite yet *grin*). Soooo...here's my card (made two...): faux-water-colouring with my various splat stamps once again and, over top the background, my two ever-so-delicately veined leaves from So Suzy stamps....



THANK YOU so much to the team for this marvelous GD opportunity!

To my wonderful visitors, please visit the CAS on Sunday blog where the fabulous DT are showcasing their stunning creations. Afterwards, please bring your CAS leaves/trees cards/projects to the gallery!  You'll be warmly welcomed...guaranteed!

Also sharing at:

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #170~No Dies Allowed


So delighted you found time to drop by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!

14 comments:

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Hello my friend. It has been ages since I came by to comment, but I creatainly have had my eye on all of your gorgeous creations in the meantime. I was looking at challneges this morning and came upon this gorgeous card, and I had to come and say hello. This is so well designed, so siml,e and so beautiful. I love the CTD colors beneath those wonderful leaves stamped in black. This, and everything else I have seen come from your creative mind, heart and hands is just fantastic. The boys are looking for colleges, playing spring Varsity sports, and we are selling my mother's home and trying to get her settled in a place that is right for her. Creating is my sanity, but it's hard to get to my artsy friends out there. I hope all is well with you. I am watching!

Jeanne said...

Congratulations on your guest designer spot, Carol. You've done an excellent job as seen your this sweet duo! The spring colors look so lovely peeking around the delicate leaves. Brava! Well done! :)

Mac Mable said...

Such a delicate and pretty card. Congratulations on your guest spot x

Greta said...

Congrats on the COS win & being the GD! Your card is perfect, Carol--beautiful splats & colors & leaves! Have a great week!

Susan said...

Such a pretty inspiration card. Thanks for being our guest designer at CAS on Sunday!

Brenda said...

Congrats on your guest DT gig Carol!!! Your card is stunning! I love the color combo, your splatters are the perfect placed to showcase those beautiful skeleton leaves! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

Yay for guesting! GORGEOUS cards!

Jeanne J. said...

This is beautiful Carol.. the contrast of the watercolor background with the intricate stamp designs is stunning!

Geri said...

A HUGE CONGRATS on your GD gig pal! Two stunning faux watercolor creations. Love that you were inspired by the 'splats' !

Susanne Vargas said...

I am hopelessly behind with my commenting...
Congrats on your GD spot! Those delicate leaves look fabulous with the "watercolored" background! Great CAS card!

Zw@@n said...

Wow, your card is gorgeous, Carol. Love the leaves, the colours and the design. Lovely to have you as Guest Designer at CAS on Sunday. Luv, Wilma

Barb Ghig said...

Congrats on your well deserved win and on your Guest Designer spot, Carol! This is such a GORGEOUS card!!! Your watercolored background is perfect with these detailed leaves and your splatters are amazing...so striking!

Anita in France said...

Congratulations on your GD spot, Carol! Your delicate, filigree leaves are gorgeous over the soft colours of the splats ... what a beauty! Hugs, Anita :)

Bobby said...

You did a wonderful job with your guest designer card, Carol. I love those lacy leaves, so dramatic against the splats.