Friday, April 21, 2017

Dream, Believe, Imagine...Inkspirational Challenge #133~Designer's Choice: Graffiti

Hello,

First, the exciting news:  We're delighted to tell you that Kylie has re-joined the Inkspirational Design Team! Woot Woot!!!

Second, welcome to our new Inkspirational Challenge #133~Designer's Choice, chosen by Pia , who's currently taking a short break from DT duties.  Her choice: graffiti stamping.


Research required for this one...and depending where I went, 'graffiti' took on different meanings. Finally, I decided to create this (highly inspired by Shery's fantastic card here), which I think 'may' cross the line between graffiti and mixed media!  If so...oops!  Then again, when I see the train cars covered with 'graffiti' - images, words, paint splashes....all sorts of things manifest. Besides, I just plain old loved Shery's card *grin*


Please head over to see what my awesome team-mates have created; I know their graffiti is probably more true to the form than mine:
Shauna
Sandie
Yvonne
Kylie
Nonni
Marina 

So...you know what's next!  Bring your graffiti to the gallery! Looking forward to seeing you there!
Thank you for dropping by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!




20 comments:

Kylie said...

Ho Hum - yum! LOVE the pink and black. Your artsy style graffiti stamping is awesome! You've even got a little brick wall in there! Thanks for the warm welcome - it's good to be back at Inkspirational xx

Jeanne said...

I think it works wonderfully! I like how you used the butterfly stencil for your background and the bit of brick wall definitely gives the rest of the card a grafitti vibe. Terrific job!! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

You did really well with the (not-so-easy) Graffiti challenge! It looks quite different from your usual style but I really like it! Very artsy and awesome!

Nonni said...

Your mixed media graffiti stamping looks awesome! I love the use of stencil in your bottom layer. Great look! Your inner Shery was blooming! :)

Bobby said...

If it's not graffiti, it's still pretty darn good, Carol. I love the stencil to add color to the background and all the other elements you used.

Greta said...

Looks like graffiti stamping to me! Unique & lovely, Carol!

Anita in France said...

Funky graffiti stamping over that soft stencilling, Carol ... such a fun and creative take on our inspiration! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

Great twist - it actually reminds me a bit of (the artist) Banksy, in a weird way.

sandie said...

I am with Marina! I walk along a pathway and there are lots of graffiti sprayed on on the walls of the arches and none are as good as this x

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oh this looks fabulous with the bfly stenciling and the stamped bflies - you go girl!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, this looks wonderful, Carol!!!! Love the stamped butterflies on the stenciled butterfly bg and all the other stamping is just perfect for the graffiti challenge!!! Beautiful colours, too and I like the words you've stamped!!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!!
Hugz

Shauna said...

What a lovely card! The colors are great and I like the distressed butterfly look. Very graffiti!
- Shauna

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Definitely not an easy challenge theme - you solved it perfectly! wondering if I should play - need to do research as well....a challenging challenge - now that is something to consider, LOL!

Geri said...

This has got to be THE best softly feminine graffiti wall of all times! The butterflies and the pink paired with the brick rock!

Kim Heggins said...

FABulous...love your take on graffiti!

Leanne said...

Great job, nice colors. Thanks for sharing with us at 4 Crafty Chicks!
Leanne DT
4 Crafty Chicks

Kylie said...

I love your interpretation of the theme. I'm not sure where I could take it. Love the splash of colour against the white with the black stamping. Very creative!

Jill V said...

I think that your take on graffiti is absolutely perfect - it really does remind me of the 'urban art' that I see downtown. A wonderful take on the inspiration photo too - I love how you reversed the colours of the background and the butterflies! Thanks so much for playing along at TIME OUT!

Lisa Kind said...

I love that you stamped over the stenciled butterfly image! I have that stencil and will have to remember to use it in that way! Great card! Thanks for playing along with Time Out!

Jenny Colacicco said...

This is so cool! Thanks so much for sharing with us at Time out! Jennyx