Wednesday, June 30, 2021

STAMPlorations 8th Birthday Celebration...Day 3 Featuring Birthday Bundle #3

Hello, 

WHEW! We are having a major heat wave here in Alberta; the meteorologists weren't kidding when they described this as an *historic event*! I'm beyond melting...good thing I have crafting as a distraction!

Welcome to Day 3 of STAMPlorations' 8th Birthday Celebration! Happy Birthday, STAMPlorations! Wishing you an awesome birthday and many, many more birthdays to come! 


I'm delighted to share a quartet of cards using the Birthday Bundle #3 collection.


My first card, which Shery shared last week as a 'teaser', uses the XOXO (at least, that's what I see when I look at it) art border die, repeatedly cut on a piece of cardstock, to fill the heart aperture. I paired it with a new So Loved sentiment and ta dahhh...a little lunch box note.
  

Again, I used the Art Borders die and the same sentiment to create a bunch of XOXOs mini slimline.


I'm not skilled with colouring florals, so I left this beautiful arrangement 'as is' for my third card. Black and white, with a touch of gold...simple and, I hope, striking. 


My final card was an 'experiment' using one section of the Design Blox Template #7 that has two half circles with triangle edges.  Every time I looked at it, I saw a 'sun' so...I went with the muse! First, I inked one circle half on my panel and the corresponding edges, then rotated the stencil several times to create a halo of rays. A couple cloud die outlines and a sentiment from So Loved completes my sunny card. Now, to figure out what else I can see in this Design Blox!  


This bundle, along with the two previous, is such fun!

Hope you'll hop along to see all the creativity with these new sets. 
Prizes to be had; it is a celebration, after all! 

Thank you for dropping by!


16 comments:

mamawcindy said...

Love the way you used the bundle.I think your third card looks so pretty even though you did no coloring and love your last card. Great idea!

sharon g said...

I like the die cute heart. What a great idea!

Karenladd said...

I love just these sweet little card designs and the way you used the die is so creative and pretty.

Becca Yahrling said...

Lovely cards! I love the heart; what a cute design.

Suzanne H said...

Super cards! Great ideas on how to use the bundle.

Shelly said...

These are all fabulous, Carol!!

frommycraftroom said...

Gorgeous creations. Your "just as is" card is beautiful.
Sometimes less is more! Love it.

Glennis F said...

Some very interesting creations, I love how you have extended the use of the die

Jeanne said...

Oh goodness, I really hope your heatwave ends soon. I can't believe how hot it has been for areas of Canada. Be safe!! Your cards are so pretty. I think you've showcased the collection so well. That sun looks amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

MadeByMeghanK said...

I love your sunshine card! All are stunning!

Bobby said...

If you can color critters you can color flowers, Carol. ;) But they do look elegant in black and white. The sunshine makes me smile.

SHartl said...

These are just the cutest card ever and I love how you used the dies. LOVE them!

Lindsey said...

Your cards are GORGEOUS! And I'm in awe of the precision die-cutting, keeping all the rows aligned. Your sun card is so clever!!!

Andre M. said...

Love the use of the art borders for background and that cheerful sunny card!

Denise Bryant said...

Pretty cards! I love the way you used the Art Borders Die!

Dawn S. said...

All of your cards are beautiful! I love the black and white one, and the last one with the sun!