Friday, June 25, 2021

Inkspirational Challenge #242~Word Promp...Maritime Happy Birthday

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #242, where our word prompt for the next two weeks is Maritime. I've only been as far east as Montreal in Canada; traveling to and thru our Maritime provinces is on my wish list! Perhaps, at some point, a LONG road trip will happen. 


Maritime images cover such a range of choices: boats, water/waves, beaches, fish, coast lines, rows of pretty houses with colour roofs...and so on. Choices galore! While I have a few 'beach' themed stamps/dies in my collection, I recently found a great sale on some patterned papers, two of which were from Carta Bella's By the Sea collection. Then, I went on a search for ideas on ways to use said paper -and landed on Kristie Marcotte's blog here. My stars: she is some talented, especially in creating multiple cards (in this case, 26!) from one 6x6 pad! I *ahem* borrowed one of her designs to case - or rather, pretty much copy. I love her designs and I managed, using sections of one of my 12 x 12 papers and the same Whimsy slimline die as she did, to create something I really like. Hope you do, too! 


Please check out my teammates' Maritimes marvels, then play along with us!



Thank you for dropping by!



6 comments:

Jeanne said...

Looks fantastic, Carol. Kristie is a marvel at using up those paper pads. Glad you found her and hope you find oodles of inspiration. :)

Lindsey said...

I definitely like! As you may have noticed, I have lots of maritime-y patterned paper, so I may have to CASE your CASE! (Using an entire pad of patterned paper, that's not really possible, is it? :D)

Shelly said...

Oooh, fabulous card!

Pia S said...

Stylish and playful design with a great layout for also using scraps. A good looking and inspiring card.

Bobby said...

That die is a perfect way to use all those maritime patterned papers, Carol. I love how it all came together so creatively.

Kim Heggins said...

Absolutely fabulous creation!