Tuesday, March 28, 2017

Lacy Butterfly...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #235~Photo Inspiration

Hello, hello...

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #235, where we have a gorgeous butterfly image as our photo inspiration.  As many of you know, I have a 'thing' for butterflies; I may have emitted a wee squeal of delight when I saw this gem!


I decided to forego any attempts at water-colouring (my last couple of cards where I did plum wore me out!), choosing instead to give my faux-water-colour stamps some TLC A trio of blue inks (off-stamped a couple and double/triple stamped others), added my fabulous Fancy Butterfly from So Suzy Stamps and ta dahhhh...Done. I'm tempted to replicate this with different colours. Rainbow would be cool...may have to give that try down the road!


Please be sure to visit my fabulous DT to see their lovely takes on the photo.  After that, you know the drill...join us in the gallery with *your* version!

Also sharing at:

CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #170~No Dies Allowed


Simon Says Monday Challenge~Things with Wings

Busy-ness galore in my world...doing my best to leave comments. Your patience is beyond appreciated as are your visits here!  Thank you so much for dropping by!





19 comments:

Nandini said...

Really gorgeous! And I hope you do one with rainbow theme.

wienerhoneymooners said...

Ahhh MAZING!!!!!!!!

Anita in France said...

Gaspingly gorgeous, Carol ... simple, stylish and with a whole heap of incredible impact! Hugs, Anita :)

Julie B said...

Love your butterfly stamp Carol, and the w/c stamps look very effective. :)

Jeanne said...

Lovely card, Carol. Wonderful blues to highlight that big, bold butterfly. What a great way to do some faux watercoloring. Well done!! :) Hugs!

Carole said...

Super take on the image Carol...love it! xx

Inkyfingers said...

This is so pretty Carol, and the scalloped mat frames it beautifully. The symmetry reminds me of those pictures we did at school when we painted half and folded the paper to get the whole butterfly. Did you ever do those? Love this elegant design!
Hugs
Carol x

Brenda said...

I had to do a double take on this one Carol, because I thought for sure you had watercolored this beauty!!! Until I read that you didn't not. Boy did you fool me. lol This is a stunning card my friend and yes, I think you should do it again and again with other colors!! Hugs Brenda

Lucy said...

So beautiful. What an elegant card design.

Anonymous said...

Such a beautiful card Carol!! I LOVE the butterfly and beautiful background!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is really incredible Carol! You've used the perfect image and design for your inspiration photo! Beautifully done my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Bobby said...

The symmetry of your faux watercoloring reminds me of a Rorschach test, Carol. ;) It looks fabulous behind that wonderful lacy butterfly.

Monika Reeck said...

that blue ink faux watercolor is adorable with that Butterfly ...I adore that butterfly so much as I am always fan of Bfly...
gorgeous Made Miss Carol

Geri said...

This faux-water-color stamp is so darn cool and creates the perfect backdrop for the butterfly. Actually, I've just realized that the background image seems to mimic a butterfly...in an abstract way! Sooooo cool!

Meihsia Liu said...

This is such a gorgeous card! Love the beautiful butterfly. Thank you so much for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. :)

Valentyna Komisarenko said...

WOW! Love the splashes of blue behind that gorgeous butterfly!

Susan Powell said...

Gorgeous!

Shelly said...

Beautiful!

Kim Heggins said...

Simply stunning my dear friend!