Thursday, March 16, 2017

Bunny and Umbrella...FUSION~Paris Rain

Hello,

Another resounding round of applause to the fabulous FUSION gallery that just wrapped up! Selecting winners is becoming more difficult; you are all SO incredibly talented, creative and inspiring!  Thank you for continuing to share your love for this challenge with us!

Time to introduce the new challenge: FUSION~Paris Rain. Again, a photo (love this...reminds me of my long ago trips to France, with my brother, to see the Tour de France up close. We wrapped up both ventures with three days in Paris...so many treasured memories of those travels...) with plenty of sparking-ideas potential and a sketch open to all sorts of possibilities. Of course, you can always fuse features from both...


Two cards today.  My eye was drawn to the vibrant reds/yellows/orange, the shimmery reflections in the puddles and, of course, the rain.  Because I was embarking on my still amateur smooshing technique (hence the 'rain' connection), I went with softer versions of said colours...just in case,  The overall inspiration for my technique and card layout comes from one designed by wonderfully talented and sweet Alanna, over at Embellish*Craft*Love. Click on the link to see her gem...I'll wait.  I'm sure you agree: it's marvelous!

I was a bit concerned about stamping my cutie-patootie Uniko Some Bunny first, so I created a mask, smooshed around it and afterwards, nestled Mr. Bunny into his space.  The reflection from the photo is mirrored in the shimmer paper of the sentiment and wee heart on bunny's foot. I've stamped "Easter" inside. One Easter card done...and certainly Ms. Niece appropriate!.


My second card draws from the blue/green whispers of colour that I noticed in three spots of the photo, as well as the umbrellas. Out came my STAMPlorations Nestled Circles stencil, sponged  onto a panel cut from STAMPlorations Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting Dies (that's a mouthful *grin*) with my latest swoon-inducing blend of cracked pistachio, twisted citron and peacock feathers.  An MFT umbrella, inked with the same colours and an Altenew sentiment: done!


NOTE: Honoured and thrilled to be selected as the CAS on Sunday Challenge #103 Winner! THANK YOU!!

That's it from me!  Now, please head over to see the fabulous bounty of beauty created by my design team. Guaranteed, they'll leave you breathless with awe!


Also sharing at:

Bunny:
Kumspring Spring Festival Challenge #2~Easter

Happy Little Stampers March Watercolour Challenge~Anything Goes (Smoosh)


Umbrella:
Just Us Girls Challenge #384~Use a Stencil






CAS on Sunday Challenge #103~Umbrella

So delighted you found time to drop by; your visit is both welcomed and deeply appreciated!


20 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Both of these creations are fabulous Carol! :) I just love the bunny and your cool background with him! The rain design with the stenciled background is perfect for the Fusion challenge! I just love it! So glad you've added your creation to the STAMPlorations CAS challenge as well my friend! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Becca Cruger said...

I can tell you are just feelin' some springtime warmth over there because these two bright beauties positively radiate sunshine. Even your rain card looks more like it is a sunshower! :)

Petra Swart said...

Oh, your Easter card with the sweet little bunny is so darling, Carol!!!! Love the shiny sentiment and the cute little heart and it's another great smooched bg!!!! The colours on the umbrella card are soooooo beautiful and I would love to dance in the rain with such a pretty umbrella!!!! Wonderfully done, my friend!!!!
Have a great day!!!!
Hugz

Joyce said...

Absolutely gorgeous cards. Especially love the backgrounds on both cards.

Maria said...

What lovely and colorful cards! I love the stencil you picked it looks fantastic. Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls this week.

Bobby said...

I love that sweet bunny with the Easter colors behind, Carol. Great smooshing. The ink blending on the stencil and umbrella are fabulous. Love the colors.

Happy Dance said...

Well now you've got me itching to smoosh, and it's not one of my favorite techniques! A duo of delights you've got here my friend!! Love that you made a mask and plunked the bunny down in the white space! Yes, Miss T. will love this card! And what a sweet umbrelly card! LOVE those colors, especially when they're together. Very sweet!! Bev

Greta said...

Lots of prettiness as I browsed your blog, Carol! Love the umbrella card with that wonderful stenciled background! The succulents in a previous post are beautiful & I adore the Christmas card! Hope you survived winter trying to stave off spring!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

Two fantastic cards! I really like the way you blended the colors with the stencil with the umbrella. Thanks for playing with us at JUGS!

Barb Ghig said...

Such a darling bunny card, Carol...and your background is fabulous! I love your choice of stenciling on the background for your 2nd card, too...it works perfectly with your umbrella! Two fabulous cards!!!

Vicki Dutcher said...

2 awesome cards -- cute bunny, and I adore the blues and greens with the umbrella. Thanks for joining in at JUGS

Jeanne said...

Such fun smooshing on the first card, Carol. Using some of my very favorite colors, too! You are doing great with that technique. And oh my...the second card! Perfection in blending, that is for sure, not only on the umbrella, but also that gorgeous background! Wow! This is fast becoming another favorite color combination. Thank you so much for sharing! :)

Susanne Vargas said...

Love the smooshed colors around the happy-looking bunny! And your stenciled backgrounds always make me swoon! Great color combo there too!

Shelly said...

Two SWEET cards!! The backgrounds are so pretty!

Janneke said...

Love your card ;O)
Thanks for joining us at CAS on Sunday!

Karren said...

Two gorgeous cards! Love the umbrella card and it was so deserving of the win at CAS on Sunday - congrats!

Anita in France said...

Delicious smooshing, Carol, just the perfect colours to surround that sweet bunny ... and gorgeous stencilling and blending behind that fabulous brolly! Hugs, Anita :)

Bev Gerard said...

What a super-fun bunny card in happy colors! I have to say ... the umbrella set atop that background is in splendid coordination!

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love both of your pretty cards, carol! Each one is adorable!

Suchi said...

Two fabulous card- specially the second one! I loved your stenciling too! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations this month! :)
Suchi- DT xx