Friday, March 10, 2017

Lacy Butterfly (Smooshing)..Inkspirational Challenge #130~Designer's Choice

Hello,

Still at my mom's (weather conditions keeping me here a bit long...darn! HA! NOT! Happy me!) and enjoying every. single. minute. Of course, I'm not accomplishing much by way of crafting, but I've managed a couple of things, thanks to the goodies I packed in my mobile crafting unit (which does include my Big Shot and Misti...).  My niece and nephew have used my stuff more than I have, which is just fine by me! They've become quite the pros at running the 'heavy' equipment, and their die-cutting and stamping is impressive!  Anyway...

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #130~Designer's Choice, where wonderfully talented Kim invites us to use water-colour smooshing for this round. As many of you know, water-colours and I do not jive at all, so this challenge was precisely that; a challenge! For sweet Kim, though, I persisted!


We're delighted to have marvelous talented Henriette as our Guest Designer and she, along with my fabulous team-mates have created some smooshing sensations. Please wander over to their blogs, savour the sights and leave them some love.

Now...for my card...sighhh! My mom was intrigued by my forays into the smooshing adventure and, bless  her, she thought all my attempts were marvelous. Very sweet of her to think so, but...nope. After about 981 tries, a panel emerged that worked....and for those parts that didn't, well...I just fluttered a pretty, lacy butterfly over top!  Butterflies can fix everything!  No sentiment; better to be 'bare' than run the risk of a smudge or a misplacement or a what-have-you after all my wrestling with ink, water and paper!  Perhaps a sentiment later or maybe it remain as is...a notecard....


Let's move away from my card and take a gander at what my guest designer - yes, I have another! - created for me to share.  

Please welcome my nephew, Mr. C, and his masterpiece (also shared at The Daily Marker Colouring Challenge) titled: 

"Snake in a hole in the grass hiding from the rain clouds until the sun comes out."

That's what he told me it was, so that's what we're calling it! Check out that snake; it even  has red fangs!


Okay, you know what happens next...


Smoosh away and bring your designs to the gallery!

See you there!

Cards in Envy Challenge~Keep It Simple (my card was simple...after I decided I liked the panel *grin*)


Thank you so much for dropping by; your visit is always a delight!

23 comments:

Jeanne said...

Oh your posts are such a delight to read, Carol! I come away smiling and feeling happy! I'm happy you are able to spend more time with some of your favorite people. Have you ever shared what your mobile craft unit looks like? And what you include? Other than the Misti and Big Shot. ;) Okay, onto the card. Which is beautiful! I am happy you persisted with your smooshing attempts as this one is just so pretty! And you are right, butterflies do fix just about anything! :D Your guest designer did a fabulous job on his artwork. Those fangs have me shivering in my socks!! Have a great weekend! Hugs!

Carole said...

Lovely smooshing...lovely card...butterfly of course! As for your young guest designer...watch your back carol...serious competition here!

~amy~ said...

Such a pretty card, love the smooshing!

Mr. C, your artwork is AWESOME.

Happy Dance said...

I think you should continue your watercolor and smooshing. Mom was right; it is lovely! And that butterfly is very pretty sitting atop of it. And Mr. C.'s painting is fabulous. He did a great job!! I love all the elements and the bright colors he's chosen to use. So glad they both enjoy crafting with you! Have a wonderful weekend. Bev

Darnell said...

I'm sure I would agree with your mom, Carol: there are NO bad smooches!! This one is gorgeous and it makes a stunning background for your big and beautiful butterfly! And your guest designer's Snake Study is so artistic and scary! Definitely a work of art worthy of framing!! Hugs, Darnell

Nonni said...

Your smooched ink shades look beautiful, Carol! Such pretty colors, perfect backdrop for your gorgeous butterfly. Thanks for sharing your nephew's art too! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Gorgeous smooshing and this awesome butterfly perfects your card! I see your nephew is quite talented as well - fabulous picture - made me smile big time!

Bobby said...

I think your smooshing is just fine, Carol, and those that aren't, according to you, can be cut into more butterflies. ;)

Cathy said...

Beautiful card Carol, the background is lovely and really showcases that gorgeous butterfly. Cathy x

Barbara said...

Gorgeous card! Background is absolutely wonderful with the subtle colors you used! love the contrast with black butterfly!Thanks for joining us this week on Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog! Barbara

nancy littrell said...

Love your smooshed background Carol. I bet your mom was right..you can always use parts of smooshed backgrounds for die cutting too :-) LOVED your nephews snake in the grass card...how old is he? Very creative and colorful. TFS both cards my friend. Hugs..

Marina said...

I'm amazed you manage all those colours without it looking muddy - super-pretty card. Nephew's is great too!

Inkyfingers said...

What beautiful pastel smooshing and it was worth all the effort Carol! The lovely lacy butterfly is a perfect finishing touch!
Your guest designer is obviously a talent to keep watching!
Thanks for sharing with us at the Happy Little Stampers Watercolour Challenge and I hope you will join us again soon.
Hugs
Carol x

Pia Larsen said...

Total swoon here....the butterfly really pops on your fabulous watercolour smooshed background.
And H... M... a big snake your nephew has drawn! I wouldn't want to meet that one ;)

Kim Heggins said...

Oh....love your gorgeous butterfly, so beautiful. And your nephews watercoloring is amazing, how fun for both of you!

Shauna said...

Good thing your 900 attempts paid off! Great panel and I like that you paired it with the butterfly.
Hoping the weather does not hold you up too much longer!
- Shauna

Kathy S said...

Your post is hilarious. Finally finding a "smoosh" panel you liked seemed an adventure! It's beautiful and glad you chose to enter in this weeks "Keep it Simple" over at Cards in Envy. Take care and happy inking.

Susanne Vargas said...

Thank you for your sage advice (butterflies fix everything) - I'll remember that! ;) I don't see anything that needs fixing on this background - it looks fabulous!
Love the title of your nephews painting as much as the painting itself!

Petra Swart said...

Oh, what a fun post, Carol!!!!! I had to smile at your story about the smooching episode!!!! Good thing you kept on going as you ended up with a beautiful bg for your stunning butterfly!!! The butterfly is so delicate and your card is perfect with no sentiment - ready to use for any of many occasions!!!!! Lovely!!!
And Mr C has for sure got lots of artistic talent!!!!! This is one snake that I can actually say I like!!!! Beautiful all in black with the red fangs to warn you to be careful!!!! A great 'Well Done' to him, too!!!!
Hugz

Kim M said...

I think your smooshing looks just wonderful! And that butterfly is gorgeous. Love this card!

Anita in France said...

Can't imagine why you wouldn't be happy with this lovely pastel smooshing, Carol ... listen to your Mom (and all of us!) ... it's so pretty! That delicate, filigree butterfly complements it perfectly! Little Mr C has literary as well as artistic talent ... such a great title for his scary snake scene! Hugs, Anita :)

Shelly said...

Your card is beautiful! Love the background! And Mr. C has a WONDERFUL scene going on! Love that snake and title! ;)
Hugs

Kim S said...

You succeeded!! (I don't even try anymore!) And I love your guest - an artistic card and wonderfully creative title!