Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Just Because Brushed Blossom...CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #213, TIME OUT Challenge #79~Case Jenny, The Flower Challenge #6~Anything Goes

Hello,

Hope you're having a wonderful week. I'm cleaning a bit here, card-making a bit there and, in the evenings, tuning in to the World Baseball Classic. So engaging!  My post will be quick, as the final game starts here in about an hour...

Two cards, both the same, since the supplies were out and the technique I was doing is finicky. If one flopped, at least I'd have a backup. Remarkably, both turned out...yayyyy...although I'll ask you to bear with me about the photographs.  You'll see why in a moment....

Inspiration came from a fusion of three challenges:
CAS(E) This Sketch Challenge #213,


TIME OUT Challenge #79~Case Jenny and The Flower Challenge #6~Anything Goes


We'll also add some sparks from the Concord & 9th shopping site, too...

Soooo, based on the sketch and Jenny's placement of her elements, paired with a desire to use flowers, I opted to give the aperture technique another try.  Of course, this would be much simpler if I made a one layer card but nope, nope and nope! I "need" my panels (they 'sort of' hide my seemingly perpetual askew card bases, which is weird because I've followed Jennifer McGuire's advice in having my cardstock cut at an office supply shop.  Maybe the person navigating the ScorePal and bone folder is the issue *grin*)

 Anyway, I lined up my brand-spanking new C&9th Brushed Blossoms die on the panel and then on the card base  I fit he stamps into the openings and inked away onto the inside of the card.

Taking photos was more of a challenge than usual, as the cards didn't want to stay closed.  Here's the gist, in three parts.

Part 1: the card partially opened...you can see the blossoms from the inside peeping through the outside...


Part 2: both cards, just to prove I actually did make two....


Part 3: a not-so-great shot light/angle-wise, but here, with the card laying flat, the image is more visible...

As I mentioned, finicky but fun! I like the results!

NOTE: Honoured and thrilled to be selected as one of the Favourites at CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #213. THANK YOU!!!

Time for me to scoot!  Enjoy the game, if you're watching; if not, enjoy whatever you may be doing!

So glad you dropped by; your visit brings me joy!



20 comments:

Lisa Kind said...

You seemed to have fun creating this card! LOL! Love how you created this beauty! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Leigh Penner said...

Oh, this is gorgeous and super cool! I love your take on the sketch!

CG said...

Gorgeous! Love the aperture. Works so well with the sketch too. Best, CG

Carole said...

Beautiful card Carol...love it in fact. Those Concord and 9th dies and stamps are fabulous. It may be a fiddly technique but it is worth the result! xx

Jeanne said...

A trio of delight, Carol! So happy you played with such wonderful results. The flowers are so very pretty! I can see where the technique would be finicky, but oh so worth the effort. In regards to the cards...don't be so quick to think it is user error. I truly believe some of these reams of cardstock are not cut completely straight to begin with. So blame the machines that cut them not the artist! :) Hugs!!

Carmela said...

Very pretty card! Love the gorgeous flowers.

Viv said...

This is such a beautiful card Carol! I love the blossoms peeping through the back of the card and that scalloped edge. Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' and we hope to see you again soon ;) Viv DT xx

Vicki Dutcher said...

How pretty! Fabulous take on the sketch too

*Vicki* said...

This is such a beautiful floral CAS design Carol! I love the die cut dimension too! Very elegant and oh so pretty! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*

Geri said...

OMG! OMG! OMG! Absolutely stunning and beyond gorgeous! Sooooooooooo my most favority 'Carol card' EVER! The colors are gorgeous, the shimmer is beautiful and the technique is so cool! Awesome cards pal!

Been MIA for several days (company, visiting, travelling to meet my new great-nephew and crazy busy at work!)...will try to get back on track (and hopefully stay on said 'track')

Happy Dance said...

I'm going with what Geri said, except while she's been busy, I've been migraining...oh joy! GORGEOUS cards. They're so pretty, they need companions in yellows, blues, purples.... You've got the technique, so I think you should! Oh, and USA, USA, USA!!!! WBC and all... ; ) Bev

Joyce said...

Absolutely stunning. Adore that flower, and what a great surprise when the card is opened. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out this week.

Anita in France said...

So gorgeous, Carol ... fresh, feminine and oh so lovely! Delighted to have you playing along with us at Time Out! Hugs, Anita :)

Karen Dunbrook said...

how lovely...your delicate flower looks wonderful
Thanks so much for playing along with The Flower Challenge!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is so very pretty! The soft colors, the technique, everything! Absolutely love it!

Kim S said...

What a beautiful look! (And I'm impressed that you got great photos of it!)

Jenny Colacicco said...

How clever - you're right this is a similar type image to the CASE - i'd have never thought of doing it this way but I see it!! It's gorgeous. Thanks for joining us at Time Out Challenges! Jenny x

Jill V said...

Beautiful cards! I love how you used the die cut as an aperture - just brilliant - and congrats on the very well deserved favourite at CASE this Sketch. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out! Jill

Bobby said...

So the finickyness paid off, Carol. This is a gorgeous card. No wonder it was a CTS favorite. I did this technique but would have to review how to do it again.

Paula J Atkinson said...

This is very delicate & pretty. I love Jennifer Maguire's videos. It's good to see someone make a success of her tips.