Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Balloons and Fairies...Happy Little Stampers March Anything Goes with Dies Challenge

Hello,

Wildly applauding the dazzling delights in HLS's FebruaryAnything Goes with Dies Challenge! Thank you for sharing your impressive die-cut designs with us! Hopefully, we'll see even more of you joining March's Happy Little Stampers March Anything Goes with Dies Challenge


Today, two cards to share, both of which used items from my 'mobile crafting unit' that came along with me to my mom's. The first was wonderfully easy to create, thanks to Serendipity Stamps' Hot Air Balloons Reverse Die and Words set.  Before using my Big Shot (yep...it comes along with me!), I used my Misti (and it comes along, too) to stamp the sentiment on both the white and purple panels. Once the balloons were cut, I simply lined up the sentiment and ta dahhhh...done!


As for the second card:  Please welcome my guest designer: my sweet niece, Ms. T!!  We spent an afternoon doing some 'serious' crafting, using my Hero Arts Fairies kit for the first time. I had promised she'd be the first to use it and I'm so glad I waited. In a word: she was thrilled to be in charge of the kit's debut. She stamped, coloured, die cut and arranged everything pretty much all on her own.  Both she and my nephew are running the Big Shot and Misti like nobody's business!  The 'new' treat this time: using foam squares to add dimension to her fairies and the inside panel. I just LOVE her colourful fairies!


Please be sure to check out the fabulous cards created by the rest of the team. Die-cut delights, all!

Look what you have the opportunity to win if you play along with us! Fabulous incentive, indeed!



See you in the gallery!

Thank you for spending part of your day with me;  your visit brings me joy!


15 comments:

Deepti Aggarwal said...

Wow!! Beautiful cards..love the hot air balloon dies..

Karren said...

Both your card and your niece's card are absolutely beautiful!

Dana said...

Oh my gosh!! Fabulous cards!! I love how you did the balloon card with the stamping and die cutting and your nieces card is fabulous! She did a awesome job!!

Aileen said...

Fabulous cards, love how you used the balloon die and stamped the sentiment on both. Perfect and of course I have also commented before on your super talented niece :)

Julie B said...

Love that die cut Carol and the smashing colour you used for it.
Your niece certainly rocked the fairies! :)

Jeanne said...

Your hot air balloon card is so pretty, Carol. I like how you inked up the sentiment after you put the card together. It works really well. Oh to be up in a balloon away from the hustle and bustle of daily life. :) And your niece is quite the fabulous colorist! Her fairies are beautiful. And so is the delightful card world they live in. You are so good to your niece and nephew. What joy you bring to their lives! Big hugs!

Happy Dance said...

I wondered how you stamped your sentiment...then I finished reading. What a cool idea, and great balloon card!! But I'm sorry....Miss T.'s card takes top honors here!! Love all her fairies, her design, and the colors she's used. You be sure to tell her that I think she's done very well, and that I really like her card! Hope the three of you continue to have fun creating! Miss you. Bev

Geri said...

Like Bev, the first thing that popped into my head when I saw this was....how did you stamp the sentiment...so thanks for the great idea! Love the simplicity of this card - the color does all the talking!

Special message for Miss T:
Young lady...you are so talented! Your card is VERY pretty! The fairies make me smile! I'm so glad that you are enjoying crafting time with your Aunty C. She's a fabulous lady who loves you and your brother to the moon and back! I can hardly wait to see the other crafts that you make :)

Have fun!

Mary Dew Lee said...

So glad you explained how you stamped the verse on both layers for your balloon card! I was looking at it going "Howwww????" Beautiful simple card!

Shelly said...

These are so pretty! Your niece did a wonderful job! Wow!

Bobby said...

Your hot air balloon card is wonderful, Carol, but my heart is loving Ms.T's lovely fairy card. She did a beautiful job of coloring them and the layout works perfectly with the die cut background. I think she has Auntie C's design eye.

Paper Therapy Ponderings said...

love the hot air balloon card.
Barb Housner

Susanne Vargas said...

Those hot air balloons look great in the purple sky! What a clever technique! But the colorful, popped up fairies of Ms. T. take the cake (sorry, c)! She is so talented! I can tell that she has the best teacher...!

Anita in France said...

Gorgeous hot air balloons, Carol, and a fabulous technique for stamping the sentiment! Miss T sure had a wonderfully creative time with those fairies ... must take after Auntie C ... she's done beautifully here! Hugs, Anita :)

Petra Swart said...

Such lovely hot air balloons, beautifully done all in white and lilac, Carol!!!!! Great idea to stamp the fun sentiment over the die cuts!!!! Very sweet card!!!! And your sweet little niece is already a star when it comes to cards, my friend!!!! I can just imagine how much fun she and Aunty C had creating this darling fairy card!!!!! It is really pretty with all the little fairies and the colours are beautiful!!!!! A great 'Well done' to her!!!!!
Hugz