Thursday, December 1, 2016

Peace on Earth...STAMPlorations December CAS Card Challenge #12~Anything CAS goes (optional colour twist: Red & Green)

Hello,

Happy December...and welcome to STAMPlorations December CAS Card Challenge #12 where Anything CAS Goes. This time, as befits the season, the optional colour twist is red and green.


Once again, I'm honoured to be joining the team as a Guest Designer (how quickly these three months have flown!) and for this challenge, I've brought some new-to-me products out for a play.  Figuring out my design took a while, but I finally did: with sparks coming from EK's fabulous inspiration card over at Muse Challenge #194:

 

 Her 'all over' leaves were the starting point, followed by the 'pops' of colour, which I 'hope' are reflected in my card.  Please welcome the Peace On Earth die, cut in red foil cardstock, set atop a Holly Background Mini stencil created with distress inks and sporting a Wink of Stella coating. The panel is cut from my favorite Crazy Double Running Stitch Rectangle Nesting dies.  So easy to re-create...a little dabbing here, a little dabbling there, a die cut here, a bit of adhesive and done...total time likely under 15 minutes. More of these on my radar!
 

Hopefully, my card has given you ideas for CAS designs, using the optional twist of red & green. For way more fabulous inspiration, please head over to the STAMPlorations blog, to see what the rest of the team, along with the other two guest designers, have created. You'll be delighted!  After that, create something CAS-ilicous of your own and...

Join us in the gallery!
Looking forward to seeing you there!

Here are the absolutely friendly, simple "rules":

You can link up to 3 CAS cards.
You can enter a CAS card with or without the optional color twist.
Non-STAMPlorations products are OK
Badges for winner and top picks are voted by the design team
1 winner drawn from those who use the color twist wins a $10 gift certificate
See? All the more reasons to play along!!!

Also sharing at:
Allsorts Challenge #391~Anything Christmas (the gallery is filled with amazing cards! WOW!)

Christmas Card Challenges #50~Anything Christmas


STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge



Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!



13 comments:

Harriet Skelly said...

I love your take on the MUSE challenge using our challenge! I can't believe our GD stint is about over! I am following your blog so I can keep up with your fabulous posts!!

Geri said...

"A little bit of this" and "a little bit of that" sure did add up to one heck of a fabulous card!!! And in record time too!

I love the softness of the stenciled background! Great sentiment - nice shine! Is that the SU paper?

Had our first blizzard.....and wouldn't you know that it coincided 'perfectly' with Danny's knee surgery! Tons of white knuckle driving Tuesday & Wednesday, but we're safe & sound at home now. Both knees are fixed so he should be back playing hockey shortly!

Kay Miller said...

That is so pretty Carol! I love the soft look of the stenciling with the bold sentiment! And under 15 minutes? Wow! That's the way to go!! ((Hugs))

*Vicki* said...

I absolutely LOVE your pretty and festive card design here Carol!! That soft coloring in the background looks amazing paired with the shimmery sentiment!! Beautifully done and I've enjoyed your creations the last three months!! HUGS

Brenda said...

Wow! I am loving your card Carol! It is a great take on the inspiration card. I am really crushing on the "peace on earth" die!!! Hugs, Brenda

Shelly said...

Oooh, such a pretty card!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome couple of cards - I love that leaf one, too fun!

Jeanne said...

Okay, after I got done giggling over the inspiration card. Tired is the way of life sometimes. LOL Getting serious now. Your card is delightful, Carol. I like your stenciling! Such soft blending. I tend to add unwanted harsh lines! And getting it made so quickly, now that is a winner design at this busy time of year. Hugs!! :)

Pink Unicorn said...

Ha, I love the sentiment on your first card and the gorgeous stencilling on the second.

Kim Heggins said...

So beautiful Carol...love your wonderful design and those holly leaves are so pretty.

Anita in France said...

Soft and so lovely, Carol ... the red foil sentiment is delicious with the stencilled holly! Hugs, Anita :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I missed so much during my week in Chicago... Awesome stenciling!

Greta said...

So pretty--"need" some Stamplorations dies!