Tuesday, December 6, 2016

For the Love of All Things Merry & Bright...Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #223~Holiday

Hello,

Welcome to Addicted to Stamps and More Challenge #223~Holiday, which is *exactly* the incentive I need to get my last few (okay, more than a few) cards made.  Still the enveloping, addressing, stamping and post-office trekking to go. I can do it!!


In a recent card I designed for Freshly Made Sketches Challenge #265, I wondered what the sketch would look like with snowflakes. Wondering lead to action, and the results are this...

(Delicata Gold ink makes for such pretty sparkle)
and this....

 (Memento's Silver Platinum on the larger snowflakes...a subtle shimmer...)

Perhaps not as 'vibrant' as my original card, but the Uniko Stunning Snowflakes images are truly lovely no matter what colour the ink and they play nicely with my STAMPlorations Warm Hands, Warm Hearts sentiment.

Spotlight shifted to you!
Looking forward to seeing your Holiday inspired designs in the gallery!


Also sharing at:

Kylie's 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge

CASology Challenge #227~Space


CAS-ual Fridays Challenge #162~Glitter and Snowflakes


STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge



Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!




18 comments:

Aileen said...

I am loving how tou have done these cards the same as for the sketch. Its a wonderful look. I must get myself some gold and silver ink. I cant believe in all my stash I have no gold or silver ink and it really does look pretty. A beautiful way to finish off your card making.

Shery Russ said...

So love the simplicity of this card, Carol! Would love to CASE this! Hugs :o)

Barb Ghig said...

Love your CAS design and that you chose Silver Platinum for the large snowflakes...so pretty! You did an amazing job combining challenges, too! Another beautiful Christmas card, Carol!

Kylie said...

I am loving this design Carol. Perfect for mailing off! The colours are so pretty! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Jeanne said...

Gorgeous! I think you have placed the snowflakes perfectly and used such lovely colors to show them off. This card design is so appealing to me. I love that sentiment, too! Thanks so much for sharing!! Hope you have a happy day. :)

*Vicki* said...

So soft and pretty these both are Carol!! Really love the masked circle with the snowflakes in this CAS style stunner!! :) HUGS

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

You'll never know how something is going to look like until you give it a try. Came out great! Really pretty! Almost looks dimensional!

nancy littrell said...

Your gold and silver versions of your sparkly snowflake designs came out beautifully Carol. TFS Hugs, Nancy

Shelly said...

Both cards are so sweet! Love the snowflakes!

Diane Jaquay said...

Very pretty and delicate, Carol, and I love that sentiment, I've never seen that one!

Bobby said...

Love this design, Carol, and the snowflakes are wonderful whether gold or platinum with a little blue thrown in for good measure.

Joyce said...

This is a fantastic design, and I love it in silver and gold. Thanks so much for playing along at CASology this week.

Sazzle Dazzle said...

Gorgeous, fantastic and strikingly festive Carol.x

Anita in France said...

It was a wonderful design done up in those lovely Christmas florals, Carol ... and it's equally gorgeous here (times two!) with these shimmery snowflakes! Hugs, Anita :)

Jen W. said...

Two more beautifully masked beauties, Carol! Love that sentiment too! :) Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

Judy1223 said...

Oh, yes! Two wonderfully CAS cards, and I love both cards -- the colors and masking are fabulous! Thank you so much for playing along at CASology!

Greta said...

Both color combos are so pretty!

Geri said...

Beautifully clean & simple...totally lets the sentiment shine!