Saturday, December 10, 2016

Christmas Reindeer...MUSE Challenge #195, STAMPlorations CUTplorations Challenge

Hello,

Yes, still making Christmas cards...partly because I need a few more and partly because I just plain old want to *grin*

I've had the STAMPlorations' Christmas Reindeer set for a while now, waiting for the 'right' opportunity to bring it out for a play.  The waiting was silly, on one hand, because now that I've used them,  I'm totally smitten (how many reindeer cards/things can I make in the next couple weeks!  I'm on a reindeer roll!); on the other hand, the waiting was 'smart', because the 'perfect' inspiration card appeared.  What card is that, you ask? Why, this one, by sweet Anita over at MUSE Challenge #195


I paired elements of her design - the curve, the image placement (reversed), a swirly sentiment - with colours from the photo at STAMPlorations CUTplorations Challenge (I want to hug that bear...)


And THIS time, I remembered to use a die cut!!

Here's my Christmas reindeer.  Sooooo stinkin' cute (gotta love clever stamps/dies), sporting his Nuvo Drop red nose...


and nestled into a blue-snowflakes and red glitter hills wintry wonderland.  Whimsical and fanciful...

That's it from me. Hope you're staying warm and cozy wherever you may be (snow added to our frigid temperatures. Hibernating...cutting out more reindeer *grin*!).

Also joining:

STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


Kylie's Twelve Days of Christmas Challenge







Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

28 comments:

Joyce said...

Fantastic, Carol. Love that stylized deer, and the curvy peek of red glitter--outstanding.

Estelle TBT said...

Wow! Beautiful Christmas card Carol!
Love this cute reindeer.

Marisa said...

Gaaaahhhh!! He is SOOOO cute!!! Absolutely adorable card - used him to your hearts content I say! Hope you are not too snowbound and cold - been some nasty temps our your way!! We actually got some snow yesterday (not the 20 cm they expected, more like 5 cm) and it is very pretty :) Colder temps coming next week with night time lows of -11C which is very cold for us wimpy West Coasters LOL!

maria f. said...

Hibernating, eh? Like a bear! I love your red nose like the bear's. I didn't even catch that til I saw your card right under the CUTplorations graphic! Thanks for playing with us this busy month, Carol. Happy snow!

Aileen said...

Wonderful card, I love that reindeer, another to add to my list of strange but cute stamps I most definietly need.

Rose said...

I love your card Carol! That reindeer is so cute especially with that shiny red nose!

Neets B said...

So glad my card encouraged you to bring out this little fellow, Carol. He's so cute, loving his loopy legs and tail! A wonderful interpretation of my card, thanks so much for playing along at Muse xx

Kylie said...

I love your 'reindeer roll' because I adore them! Thanks so much for playing along in my 12 Days of Christmas Cards challenge xx

Jeanne said...

Ooh what a lovely inspiration card! I'll just bet you are wishing some butterflies could be flitting around about now. :) Your take on the card is delightful. That reindeer is so fun! I really like your red glitter cutaway, too. I hope you keep on your reindeer roll because this is just too much fun!! :) Stay safe and warm! Hugs!

Bobby said...

Love the red nose on the reindeer. He makes me smile.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Awesome CASE - love that stripe

Magic Flying Boots said...

Awww, that is so cute! Love it :D

Jen

Anita in France said...

This is my favourite reindeer of the season, Carol ... and you've showcased him, red nose and all, so perfectly on this delightful, snowy card ... such a cutie! Hugs, Anita :)

Lucille K said...

Your card is adorable, I just love that cute reindeer and the sentiment is one I used on my Christmas cards this year :)

Kim M said...

Fabulous cards! Your reindeer card is so sweet. I love the snowflake background and the added red to the hills. Awesome!!! Lovely to see you over at CUTplorations too!

Ardyth said...

Love this festive take on the Muse! So glad you joined us, Carol!

Lori said...

That deer is very cool - love his nose! Such a pretty snowflake background. Thank you for joining the Winter/Christmas challenge at Choux Choux Paper Art!

Diane Jaquay said...

So beautifully designed, Carol, I just adore the "movement" in your card!!!

EK Gorman said...

There is something about this card that is absolutely stunning.. I don't know if it is the deer, or how you used the muse inspiration card, or what, but this card is fantastic.

Greta said...

Super fun--love that adorable reindeer!

Geri said...

AWESOME take on Anita's card. I'm heading over to her blog to see if she used part of the SU snowflake die! I love, love, love the sweet little reindeer scene you created! Nice pop of red in the recessed 'swoosh/snow bank'. This sentiment font is perfect for Rudolph's whimsical look!

Bobby said...

Two wins or HM in a row. Who's on a roll now, Carol? ;)

Michele K. Henderson said...

I love this fresh, modern deer! So adorable! Beautiful style too!

Shelly said...

Such a fun and FABulous card, Carol!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Carol, you have seriously ROCKED these stamps!! I enjoy your Christmas cards here and love that sweet little reindeer especially!! :) Thanks for the great inspiration!! HUGS

Kelly Szafron said...

Fantastic card Carol! Love the design, red nose and red glitter.

shirley-bee said...

I'm waaaaay behind with visiting, but I had to comment on this beauty of a card! The reindeer looks gorgeous with his Nuvo drop red nose, I'm so glad you like the set :)
Thanks so much for playing along at CUTplorations, and Happy New Year!

Susan Renshaw said...

Love that reindeer!
Thank you for sharing with Happy Little Stampers!
Susan
Calling All Crafters! – My personal Blog!