Thursday, January 5, 2017

Piggy and Coffee Cups...Fusion (Jan. 5, 2017)

Hello!

Back from an awesome visit at my mom's, couple with a whole lot of 'getting into shenanigans' with my niece and nephew.  Whether I was playing with them at their place, or going for a night-time walk through Candy Cane Lane, or checking out the displays at Telus World of Science (Angry Birds was the feature exhibit), or ‘pretending’ to be flexible and bendable at Tree House, an  indoor playground/jungle gym, or buying books at Indigo, or taking them to the water park at West Edmonton Mall (my husband and brother took them into the water….I’m so not a water fan and those slides…oh my stars!), the outcome was the same:  Too Much FUN!  Excited to see them in, hopefully, a couple of weeks!

Speaking of 'too much fun'...Welcome to FUSION~ 3rd Anniversary Challenge, where we've each invited a Guest to join us to celebrate this challenge!  Each guest has inspired us and we know they will inspire you today!!! We hope you will join us!


My talented friend, from 'just down the road' in Manitoba, Leigh Penner (To the Full) is my guest designer. She is a gem - sweet, warm, supportive, encouraging - and oh, so creative! She's on a variety of teams (Reverse Confetti, CAS(E) this Sketch, Curtain Call Inspiration Challenge) and her passion for crafting is expressed loud and clear through her gorgeous cards.  I'm thrilled that she accepted my invitation to join us!

*Squeal*...look what she's brought us! A cutie-patootie piggy (featuring the new RC release: Cured), with birthday wishes! Too adorable! 




THANK YOU, Leigh, for joining the Anniversary challenge with me!

As for me: photo inspired!  Coffee cups, red, wood-grain, a pop of blue...and here's how it all came together...


I 'need' to find more woodgrain paper! Any recommendations?

For outstanding inspiration, please visit my teammates AND their fabulous guest designers. Gorgeous designs...

Becca Cruger

Betty J

Jeanne Jachna
Karren Johnson

Linda Callahan
Lyndal Higgins

For those of you new to FUSION challenges, and for those good friends returning: a quick outline/reminder of how things work: 


PROCEDURES:
1. Play with just the sketch challenge.
2. Play with just the inspiration photo challenge.
3. Or you can create FUSION by combining BOTH challenges into one card.
4. Use the challenge graphic and link back to Fusion in your post.

Your turn!
What sparks your creativity? Sketch? Photo? Both?
Looking forward to seeing how this FUSION challenge will inspire you!

Oh, and as added incentive:  one of our guests has very generously offered up a prize to a randomly drawn gallery submission,

 so be in to win 

Also sharing at:

Stamp Paper Ink Challenge #80~Card Maker's Choice (love my little coffee mug and sparkly paper!)

Thank you for spending time with me today; you visit brings me joy!




29 comments:

Jeanne said...

So happy to hear of all the fun you had with your family, Carol. That museum sounds amazing. And I have more fun watching the kids play in the water these days, although I grew up with an in ground pool in my backyard. ;) JHope you can see them again soon! Your stacked cups look fabulous dressed in red and blue and that woodgrain background paper looks amazing (sorry I'm no help for finding more). Your friendship warms MY heart! Have a great day. Hugs!

Inkyfingers said...

I love both these cards Carol and I specially like the texture on the coffee cups - gorgeous!Sounds like you had a great time with the family!

*Vicki* said...

Both of these creations are fantastic Carol!! I think you've picked a great friend to join you for this too! :) Glad you had fun with your family! HUGS

Tina's Crop Shop said...

Carol, I love the stack of coffee cups on the wood grain! Thanks so much for joining us at Stamp, Ink, Paper for our challenge this week!

Linda Callahan said...

Love your trio of cups with the wood grain background!

Brenda said...

The piggy card just makes me smile, but I am loving your coffee cup card Carol! And what fun it sounds like you had at your mom and with the kiddo's!!! Love that you all had a great time together!! Hugs, Brenda

Bobby said...

Those red cups adorned with hearts are scrumptious, Carol. I love a good wood background so if you get a clue as to where to get more let me know. Right now I make my own with a stamp. I'm so glad your holidays were filled with fun and laughter. Nothing better for the soul than that.

Karren said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time with family, Carol, and created some lasting memories! Your card is just gorgeous - those coffee cups really pop and the woodgrain background is perfect for the inspiration pic.

Jen W. said...

I'm exhausted just reading about your visit, Carol - it sounds fabulous!! And your card is fabulous too. Love those happy red cups!

Dana said...

Sounds like you have been having a great time!! Fabulous card!! I love the woodgrain background with the red cups!!

Kim Heggins said...

Sounds like you had a fabulous time! Your card is just so much fun, love all those wonderful stacked cups and those blue cutout hearts are so perfect.

~amy~ said...

Yahooooo! Love your card and Leigh's ! So fun to be playing along with you all!

Rose said...

So glad you had such a wonderful time with family Carol. Sounds like fun overload! Love your stacked cups against the woodgrain paper & a lovely sentiment too.

Susanne Vargas said...

How wonderful that you get to see your little darlings again so soon! They must cherish your visits at least as much as you do!
Your coffee cups with the hearts are darling and the woodgrain paper gives it a rustic feel!

Michelle Lupton said...

I adore your blue hearts on the red cups! Just gorgeous!

Carolyn Lindenmayer said...

This card goes straight to my heart <3, I am a coffee addict and your cups are so cute. Thanks for joining us this week at Stamp, Ink, Paper. Carolyn.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Fun card love the cups

Happy Dance said...

Quite the dynamic duo on your blog today, Miss Auntie C.!!! Leigh is a wonderful person, and I do so love her cards. Good choice for your anniversary buddy! And her card is adorable. Love that little piggy. Your stack of coffee cups is pretty darn cute as well. You two made a great team!! Glad you had a great time with the little ones. Wish they'd grow a little slower though...sometimes I just want them to stay little a little longer! Missing you....xoxo Bev

Joyce said...

Beautiful card--love how those cups are balanced and stacked on that fun wood grain paper.

Leigh Penner said...

I love your card, Carol! Fabulous take on the inspiration photo! Thanks for inviting me to be your guest designer this week!

Diane Jaquay said...

The red cups look beautiful against the wood grain paper, and are perfect for the wintery challenge! I don't know of a source for wood grain paper other than when I find it randomly in paper pads which is why I own a couple of different wood grain stamps, that way I can always make my own in whatever color I need ;)

Shelly said...

Ack! Such a cute little piggy! And oh those stacked cups...two fun and sweet cards, Carol!

Barb Ghig said...

Firstly, I have to say that your niece and nephew are the luckiest kiddos in the world, Carol! You are a really wonderful and fun 'Auntie'...WOW!
I love how you played with these fabulous coffee cups, and how perfectly they work with your rustic woodgrain background! A truly awesome take on the inspiration photo, and an inspiration to us all...Thanks :)

Stephanie Lanzalotto said...

Sounds like you had a great visit with your family! LOVE your take on the challenge, Carol. Love those marvelous coffee cups on the wood grain. I have to play this challenge - lots of ideas... just need some time...

Anita in France said...

Such scrumptious heart filled coffee cups, Carol ... so wonderfully stacked against that fabulous woodgrain! How brilliant you got to spend such a lovely time with the littles ... what a joy! Hugs, Anita :)

Lyndal said...

Love your gorgeous coffee cups Carol - making me yearn for a cuppa ;)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Thanks for the inspirations - certainly worked for me - going to link up my card tomorrow :)

Greta said...

Cute cards!

Kim S said...

It is SO funny that you need more woodgrain paper. Just a week ago, I was shopping at franticstamper.com. They have individual sheets of paper so on a whim I searched on woodgrain. Ended up buying 20 sheets!!! AND I just got that coffee cup die! We are on the same wavelength this year!