Friday, January 27, 2017

Polka Dot Coffee Cup....Inkspirational Challenge #127~Designer Choice, Coffee Loving Cardmakers~CASEing DT Link Up Party #9 - Case A Designer

Hello,

Time for a new challenge which was chosen by our dear Yvonne  who is taking a break at the moment due to sad personal circumstances. We hope she'll be back with us soon.  Sending hugs galore to you, dear friend!

Yvonne's Inkspirational Challenge #127~Designer's Choice, which I know will see the gallery explode with creativity is....are you ready....



I love  polka dots; you love polka dots...we allllll love polka dots! The words alone make me smile!

Joining us this week is marvelously talented Jane, whose card is sheer delight. Please drop by her place and leave her some love! My wonderful team would also be thrilled to hear from you:

Marina 

For my card, I headed over to Coffee Loving Cardmakers~CASEing DT Link Up Party #9 - Case A Designer, where I was inspired to *case* Cris' card (bottom right), with a couple of twists: kraft = kraft; snowflakes on her to-go cup = background panel of blue bokeh on mine; her little fox and bear images = my heart images; three panel layers = three panel layers...I hope I've come 'kind' of close...


Isn't that polka dot mug fantastic? A set of those in my kitchen? Yes, please!!


Just a quick note: I'm currently at my mom's (yayyy....), where I'm hard at work, marking diploma exams from 8am - 4:30pm. We started on Thursday and will be running straight through until Wednesday, Feb. 1st.  Long hours  (I'm not used to getting up at 5:30, then hoofing it out the door to catch the bus to the marking center...), but the evenings with mom and the kiddos...priceless!  The busy days are, already, seeing me falling behind in comments, so please accept my apologies!  I'll do my best to catch up once those 12,000 exams are marked (each one, four times...thank heavens there's about 150 of us tackling this task....).  In the meantime, know that I'm sending thought bubbles filled with *oohs and ahhs* your way!

Thank you so much for spending time with me today; your visit brings me joy!

15 comments:

Anita in France said...

Such a cute polka dot tea cup, Carol ... that line of whimsical pink hearts below it are so sweet ... and draw the eye perfectly to that lovely sentiment! Hugs, Anita :)

sandie said...

Gosh you do sound busy! Adorable mug and love the little lime of hearts x

Jeanne said...

Sweet mug and sentiment, Carol. You definitely warm MY heart with your kindness and generosity. You sound very busy these days. And yet, you are able to squeeze out a cute card in the midst of it all. You are also amazing! I wish you the best as you work throught this busy season. I'm sure seeing your mom and the kiddos at the end of the day is a great reward! Big hugs!! :)

~amy~ said...

Yay! LOVELY work. Have fun with your Momma and the kids!!!

Marina said...

I love that dotty cup and I love the little hearts below - what a great card.

Aileen said...

Great car, love the polka dot cup and those wonderful hearts underneath. Keeping yourself busy I see, dont wear yourself out and enjoy seeing your mum.

Aileen said...

Of course you know I meant card and didnt check before hitting publish.....

Rose said...

Cute polka dot cup on your card carol! Gosh, you are so busy! I don't know how you keep up with everything!

Pia Larsen said...

I totally agree! Polka dot mugs - Yes, please :D

Vicki Dutcher said...

Love me some dots! Fun card

Shauna said...

Great layering of those dies! That coffee cup is perfect for the polka dot challenge! A very sweet sentiment!
- Shauna

*Vicki* said...

Oh I just love this Carol...that polka dotted mug with your scallop borders is adorable! ;) HUGS

Helen Gullett said...

What an adorable card! Love the big polka dots cup and the sentiment is super sweet. Perfect friendship card. Thank You for playing along with Coffee Loving Cardmakers CASEing DT!

Nonni said...

Loving your mug, the style of the sentiment and those cute hearts! Very sweet card!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Another fabulously fun card! Who can resist polka dots????! Perhaps I'll manage to play in that one....very tempting! Diploma exams? 120000....what the heck are you doing? Sounds like torture!