Wednesday, January 11, 2017

Flower Power...Muse Challenge #198, The Flower Challenge #4~Blue and Yellow, STAMPlorations January CAS Challenge and Anything Goes

Hello,

A quick post (sneaking in at work...shhhh) to share cards made with my brand-spanking new flower stencils from STAMPlorations.  The first uses Peony #2, which I 'had' to showcase after seeing Anita's pretty card over at Muse Challenge #198:

Anita's ink colours were inspired by Laura B, so I headed to her site, watched her work her magic, then used the same inks for mine. I added a scattering of stamped dots as a nod to Anita's textured paper, stamped on a happy sentiment and ta dah....done!  Love that mondo peony!


A Bloom and Three Buds also received some attention, drawing colour ideas from The Flower Challenge #4~Blue and Yellow



Tricky washi tape masking was required to keep the colours separated as I inked...and it kinda-sorta worked. A bit of green spilled onto the blue blooms petals, but...that's 'nature', right *grin*.  Smaller ink blenders on my wish list. I added a hello from another STAMPlorations set and...a second card done.


NOTE: Honoured and delighted to be selected for an Honourable Mention over at The Flower Challenge! THANK YOU!!

Have I mentioned that I love stenciling, even though I don't do anything fancy-schmancy with them?  I do!

Also sharing at:

Happy Little Stamps January CAS Challenge~Stencil


AAA Cards Challenge #81~Hello




STAMPlorations Anything Goes Challenge


STAMPlorations January CAS Challenge

Thank you for spending time with me today; your visit brings me joy!


31 comments:

*Vicki* said...

Oh my Carol, these are both STUNNING!! Love your seamless blending with the stencils!! Always wonderful to have a new stencil or two on hand! :) Thanks for sharing these wonderful creations! HUGS

Ardyth said...

These are gorgeous, Carol! I especially love the blend of colours on your Muse flower! So glad you joined us this week!

Karren said...

Beautiful cards, Carol! Your stenciling looks so soft and subtle but packs such a punch!

Happy Dance said...

Uh-huh. You're fast becoming the queen of the stencils! You work them so well, and I admire your talent with them. Two pretty cards. And perfectly mailable, something important in my book. Great cards!! Missing you Miss C. Bev

Rose said...

Two really lovely cards Carol! Your mondo peony looks stunning in those lovely soft colours! I agree with Bev, you are definitely the stencil queen!

Susanne Vargas said...

The peony stencil is indeed gorgeous, as is the card you made with it! The second card is also very pretty! I agree with the others who called you "Stencil Queen"! Thank you for reminding me that I should use my stencils more often!

Vicki Dutcher said...

Gorgeous subtle stenciling

Jeanne said...

Happy sigh...I got a Carol fix! And Carol makes me want to buy every single stencil out there in the hopes that it will help me stencil as wonderfully as she does. Gah! Adore the soft, beautifully blended colors! :) Hugs!!

sandie said...

gorgeous cards Carol, such soft colours and fabulous designs. Thanks for joining AAA and HLS CAS x

Tracey McNeely said...

Two beautiful cards Carol! I lost my crafty mojo but I think I found some inspiration here today!

Shelly said...

Two gorgeous cards, Carol!

Kim Heggins said...

So sweet and as beautiful as can be!

Ruth said...

If you hadn't said the green bleeding in was an accident, I'd have thought it was deliberate because I love it! After all, blue and yellow together makes green. I love the soft look of it all and it is so deliciously simple. Thank you for joining us this month at the Flower Challenge. Ruth DT xx

Brenda said...

You know how much I adore your stenciling and think you are queen of the stencils Carol!! I am in love with both of these cards, but my absolute favorite is the first one! I love those colors you got from Anita's card, that flower stencil is just gorgeous as well. You ink and blend so well!! I need to get me some stencils and start practicing, but I don't mine will turn out anything like yours! lol Hugs, Brenda

Katie Ann Brooks said...

So pretty, all of them! I am amazed at how you blend your colors.

Marisa said...

Gorgeous stenciling!!! And flowers times two - I am a happy girl :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Awesome take on the Muse! You really do soft colors so well! wonderful use of those pretty stencils!

Barb Ghig said...

I love stenciling too, and your stenciled flowers are over the top gorgeous, Carol! I love how you played with Anita's color palette on your peony, too...Two really gorgeous creations, my friend!!!

Neets B said...

Carol, these are just super gorgeous! I love how you used the same inks, isn't it a stunning mix?! And the dotty centre of your peony is a genius touch. I love your treatment of the second stencil too, such soft pretty tones.
Thanks so much for playing along at Muse and Happy Little Stampers, Anita x

Unknown said...

Hello Carol! I absolutely love both cards and the color combination you have used. Hugs, Raquel

Bobby said...

You got such a soft and dreamy look with your stencils, Carol. They looks fabulous and I the mixed colors on the second card looks like a reflection of that bright center.

Greta said...

Beautiful stenciling, Carol--I really need to make use of mine!

Anita in France said...

Soft, gentle, calm and just gorgeous, Carol ... both of them ... such beautiful stencilling! Hugs, Anita :)

Joan B said...

wow both of these are fantastic and the top one is super fantastic

Jacquie Southas said...

Beautifully blended colors - great take on the Muse card!

Petra Swart said...

Beautiful soft colours on both cards, Carol and your stencilling is really WOW!!!!! Two lovely cards!!!!
Hugz

Geri said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Your shading is flawless! Gorgeous choice of colors! SOOOOOOOO PRETTY!

Lois said...

I love your stenciled flowers. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS challenge.

ElizStewart said...

Absolutely fabulous! You are inspiring me to pull out my stencils!

Linda said...

These are beautiful .... I love the soft colours. Thanks for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge xx

Chrissie said...

What beautifully delicate stencilling Carol, just gorgeous!
Thanks so much
Chrissie HLS CAS DT