Friday, January 13, 2017

Butterfly Birthday...Inkspirational Challenge #126~Flutter

Hello!

Hope you had a fabulous week and are in the market for a new challenge! We have just the ticket, with Inkspirational Challenge #126~Flutter.


Joining us this week is wonderfully talented, Gina, whose project - a co-production with her husband - will blow you away! Innovative, ingenious and just all-around cool! Please do pay her a visit; you'll be so impressed!

Flutter...and you know precisely where my mind went! Yep...butterflies...a rainbow kaleidoscope of them, to be precise,  Concord and 9th all the way and easy-peasy to create with just several runs of the die through my Big Shot and a bit of off-set assembly.  Add the sentiment and....done!

Getting this card to balance upright for its photo shoot was a tad challenging, as it's a bit 'top' heavy. I managed, though, with behind-the-scenes assistance from my little 'yak' stuffie (yes, you read that right: he was a gift to my husband before we traveled to Nepal years ago. Now that was an excursion...both finding the plush bovine AND the trip itself. Anyway, I digress...) adding support from behind. I'll have to introduce him to you at some point...he comes in very handy!


Please drop in at Inkspirational to see the delights my sweet teammates have created; you'll be aflutter with delight!


Your turn! Looking forward to seeing your creativity in the gallery!


Also sharing at:

Seize the Birthday~Anything Goes


Thank you for spending part of your day with me; your visit brings me joy!

15 comments:

Nonni said...

Fun idea to make a rainbow butterly, good thinking Carol! I adore this edging die you've used, those scalpels are just so so pretty.

sandie said...

One of my fav dies and looks great as the centre stage in all these wonderful colours

Jeanne said...

You made my heart flutter in delight as I looked at this beautiful bevy of butterflies all working together to create a single gorgeous flier. Wow! I also enjoyed the sweet little story of your helper! :) Thanks so much for sharing, Carol! :) Hugs!

~amy~ said...

Rainbow butterfly, yes, Please!

*Vicki* said...

This is just really cool Carol!! I love the kaleidoscope butterfly design!! :) HUGS

Susanne Vargas said...

Your rainbow butterfly is so fun, Carol! Great idea!
My DH and I also traveled around Nepal (a looong time ago) and loved it! But we didn't bring back a yak! Hope you will introduce it soon!

Bobby said...

A fabulous array of rainbow wings, Carol. Beautiful butterfly card.

Greta said...

So unique & beautiful, Carol!

Anita in France said...

A fluttery rainbow-y delight, Carol ... delicate and lovely! Hugs, Anita :)

Marina said...

This looks a bit like quilling - a fabulous effect.

Pia Larsen said...

Butterflies comes in an array of colours so why not a rainbow butterfly! This is a wonderful idea and card, Carol :D

Petra Swart said...

One fantastic butterfly, Carol!!! Such a clever idea to use the beautiful rainbow colours like that!!!!! A stunning CAS card!!! Love the scalloped border!!!
Hugz

Barbara said...

I can certainly see that with the inspirational word, your mind quickly wen tot butterfly. This card is so simple but so unique. Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
Barbara DT member

Geri said...

Moose....cow....yak...whatever works...

Sooooooo creative!!! Love the colors, love the scalloped edges but REALLY love this cool idea!!!

Kate said...

This is just way too cool, I just had to stop by and have a closer look. Brilliant!!!