Friday, June 30, 2023

Just Us Girls Challenge #686 - Color Week - Only Pastels - Happy Birthday Bear, Bunny and Balloons (MFT - Sweet Celebrations)


HAPPY CANADA DAY to all my Canadian friends! Hope you're enjoying celebrations! 

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #686, where our wonderful hostess, Elizabeth, invites us to use PASTELS as inspiration this week. 

We're also delighted to have a new Guest Designer, Kristin Shulan, joining us this month. You'll find her creativity dazzling!

My MFT bear, bunny and balloons have finally, after nearly 1.5 years of owning them, made their debut. I really should have given this set a play much earlier; it's adorable! As much as I'm not a fan of watercolouring, I did so...this time. Little spaces, so it worked out okay-ish. The background is a rubber stamped sky...so easy! 

(Apologies for the odd 'ivory' hue on my photos...I don't know what's going on!)

Looking forward to seeing how Pastels inspire you!

Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

This is so adorably sweet, Carol. Congrats on watercoloring! It looks wonderful. Are you being affected by the wildfires? I know very little about where you are versus where the fires are. Happy Canada Day!

Vicki Dutcher said...

So sweet! Perfect with the pastel colors 😊

I Card Everyone said...

Happy Canada Day, my friend! It IS high time you put your heart into bringing these little fellows to life - up, up, and a WAAAAAAY too cute!
=]

ElizStewart said...

Carol... just adorable!

Nancy said...

This card could not be any more perfect for the pastel challenge. Your watercoloring looks great from here! Well done! Happy Canada Day to you!

Lisa Elton said...

Oh, I love this set! This is such a sweet card!!

Carol said...

So sweet and perfect for the pastel challenge Carol!!

Ina G said...

So cute and simply adorable Carol. Love those little critters and what a super soft background.

Sue VanDeVusse said...

So cute! Those little bears are adorable and your watercoloring is spot on! Love that amazing sky background, how cool it is a stamp.

Bobby said...

I have that stamp and agree that it is adorable, Carol. So glad you finally put it to ink. Your watercoloring is wonderful and the sky stamp really brings them up in the air.