Friday, June 16, 2023

Color Hues Challenge #66 - Yellow and Green...Have a Fabulous Day Stitched Petal Frame (Spellbinders)

Hello,

Welcome to Colour Hues Challenge #66, where Karen invites us to draw inspiration from hues of Yellow and Green for the next two weeks. Such a pretty combination!

We're thrilled to have super talented, Michele, from icardeveryone fame, joining us for this challenge. Her creativity is absolutely dazzling!
I've been quite enjoying stitching on paper, of late, thanks largely to wonderful showcases I've seen and my rather abundant supply of DMC floss. The long stitch style is both relaxing and easy to do. The hardest part, for me, is poking out the paper bits from the holes; I need to come up with a better strategy (or maybe use less thick paper or flatter cutting plates). Whatever the case, the results - in my opinion -  make the effort worthwhile.  Featured here is Spellbinders Stitched Petal Frame die, paired with a sentiment from Honey Bee Stamps.  


How will Yellow and Green inspire you? 

This challenge will be open until June 28th @ 9:00 AM EST

The winners will be posted an hour before our next challenge goes live.
The overall winner will have the opportunity to be a 
future Guest Designer.

Also sharing at:




Thank you for dropping by!


15 comments:

Julie B said...

I can relate to the DMC floss mountain, I have two storage boxes of the stuff as well as the ones my Mum had, this is a great way to use up some of it. I see to remember a gismo from Spellbinders that you rollered over the die to get out those pesky pieces out! :)

I Card Everyone said...

Oh pishaw! Let's talk about YOUR talent, shall we? Just LOOK at this fabulous, stitched card!! So beautiful with yellow and green floss, c!
I recently nearly threw my die-cut machine and these fussy dies right out the window, my friend. I can't guarantee your success - but try using a piece of bubble shipping envelope under your paper next time - and then that tool Julie mentions above! It has saved me $$$ and sanity! xx
=]

Karen said...

Well, this is just stunning, and I'm so impressed with your stitching! It's something I haven't even attempted. I second the suggestions from Julie and Michele. I learned about the bubble wrap from Pinkfresh Studio and it really makes a difference as does the Spellbinder "brush" which has saved me hour of punching out tiny pieces from die cuts.

Marcia Hill said...

And I'll also mention that the bubble wrap mailer works wonderfully for cutting all those holes out, and for the few stubborn remaining ones, I use an old toothbrush rubbed gently over the cardstock. Now onto your GORGEOUS stitched card...it is absolutely BEAUTIFUL Carol and looks so pretty in the yellows and greens!! I love doing the stitching too and find it very relaxing! Lovely, lovely card my friend!! Hugs. :0)

Jeanne said...

Ohhhhhh, look at that stitchy goodness! How very pretty. You did an oustanding job on this one. Looks great in the called for colors. Love it!

Lisa said...

Super stitching on this gorgeous card.

Nancy said...

Perfection that is for sure! I am going to have to be doing some stitching very soon and I hope I can have a 1/3 of the success that you have here. This is so lovely, Carol!

Barbara said...

a spectacular card! I know because I have done a stitching card like this one A lot of work, but so worth the effort. I love the colors that you chose. Thanks for joining in the fun at Double D Challenge.

Linda said...

Your stitched card is so beautifully done and is quite beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness!!!! This is so very special!!! Someone will be so lucky to receive this fabulous card!!!!

Stef Perry said...

My oh my, Carol your stitching skills are amazing and what a divine card you created with this panel! I keep seeing others do stitching and think I'd like to take it up again (did cross-stitch a jillion years ago) especially when I see these kinds of results. Gorgeous!

Hannelie said...

This is so incredibly beautiful Carol !

wienerhoneymooners said...

WOW!

SO very lovely!!!

The entire team really knocked it out of the park this challenge!!
So INSPIRING!!!

-love it
-Kimberly

Cindy Beach said...

I haven't tried stitching on cards, but this beauty is inspiring me to try! It's so elegant and beautifully done! I'd want to frame it!

JulieP said...

Wow! My poor arthritic hands are throbbing just looking at your fabulous masterpiece. Awesome my friend!