Friday, March 10, 2023

Inkspirational Challenge #285 - Word Prompt - Numbers...Happy 13 Birthday and #1 Coach (Lawn Fawn, Photoplay, Concord and 9th)

Hello,

Welcome to Inkspirational Challenge #285, where our word prompt for the next two weeks is NUMBERS.  Large or small, several or solo, star of the stage or supporting player: as long as a number or numbers are visible on your card/project, the gallery is open to you!


I have a trio of cards to share. First, a birthday card - inspired in part by this one by Joan from Dear Paperlicious fame - for my gorgeous niece. Concord & 9th numbers; Poppy Stamps for the sentiment.
Happy and Birthday are cut with sparkle paper which, I've discovered, is as difficult to photograph as shimmery or foil paper is. Arg!


Next are two, of five cards, I made for my sister-in-law to give to my sweet nephew's hockey coaches. His team - the Riggers - is in playoffs this weekend, just down the road from us in Banff. And heck YES, I'm going to the games! Excited to see him play; fingers tightly crossed that they make it to the finale on Sunday (which, by the way, is also his 11th birthday). 

Not sure why the sentiment (Lawn Fawn) on this one and the #1 (Concord & 9th) on the one below are blurry but after multiple photographs, I gave up. It is what it is. Finding hockey-themed images/papers/stickers is incredibly challenging; so happy that Photoplay came out with a hockey collection a while back. I may have to squirrel away some of it. A couple of STAMPlorations cover plates worked well to add some 'icy' texture to the backgrounds.



Excited to see how numbers will feature on your cards/projects.
Let's see if we can manage 70 entries this go-round!

Also sharing my first card at Seize the Birthday Challenge #257. I reckon *13* is no longer a child, so diving into the Anything Goes pool.


Thank you for dropping by!


10 comments:

Jeanne said...

Fabulous cards featuring numbers. Your niece and nephew will be thrilled, as will their coaches. I wonder if you looked for digital scrapbook papers/kits you might find more hockey themed items. Just a thought. Good luck to your nephew and his team this weekend!!

Julia Aston said...

What fun and personalized cards you've created here Carol! Your nieces' card is so wonderfully CAS and elegant with the gold and red shiny papers and I love the chunky look of the hockey players in all their gear. wonderful cover plates for backgrounds as well! Julia xx

Lisa Elton said...

These are fun, Carol! I like the hearts you added to the card for your niece and the subtle interest the cover plates add to the hockey cards!

Crafting Queen said...

Great cards. Anesha

Marlena M. said...

FAB ideas Carol! So much inspiration here for our players! Your numbers on the first card are perfectly placed~

Tee said...

Fantastic cards! Fun & Creative!

Nancy said...

You are a rock star and are so good at sharing your talents with so many. These are all wonderful. The 13th birthday card could not be any more perfect, and I love hockey so I think these are fabulous too. Thanks for sharing your talents with us at Seize the Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Three great cards, all with bold cas designs. Love the elegant red,gold,black and white of your niece's card. The coaches will love those hockey cards!

Linby said...

These are all fantastic takes on the theme. Thank you so much for stopping by my blog to let me know I am a top pick. L x

Glenda J said...

I would say 13 still counts as a child - love this card! So classy and striking. I'm sure your niece will love it. So glad you could join us at Seize the Birthday. Have a wonderful day.