Thursday, January 30, 2020

STAMPlorations Throwback Thursday (January 2020)...Snowman Shaker Tag-inspired Birthday Projects

Hello,

Welcome to my first, of three, STAMPlorations Throwback Thursdays, where we select a previous card/project - one of our own or a teammate's - and 're-vision' it in three ways. 


My Throwback inspiration is my Layered Snowman  Luggage Tag shaker from November 2017 (I made 20 of those for my nephew's kindergarten class!); plenty of 'little' details to spark new ideas. Details like: dots, shaker elements, circles, kraft...you'll see what I mean.


Card #1

I drew inspiration from the shaker and dots, and revisited them in card form. I've created a frameless shaker (inspired by the fabulous cards/videos by Ilda, of I Love Doing All Things Crafty fame). Clever, simple, not too bulky and still wonderfully shaker-y! Here's the basic shaker base...


and here's the completed card, filled with shimmery fun!


STAMPlorations Products:

Card #2

The snowman/snowball circles inspired my second card; another of my 'let the stencil be the star of the stage' creations. The Retro Circles stencil is such fun 'as is'; the addition of a Skinny Sentiment makes for a quick-and-easy card. A trio of onyx pearls completes the look.


Sharing a couple of closeups to show how well the stencil and the die cut letters take ink, without losing even an iota of detail!

 

STAMPlorations Products:

Card #3

As the original creation was a tag with a kraft base, I 'had' to replicate that in some fashion, which I've done here. I shifted gears from whimsical to 'dainty' for my slim white/kraft panel (I've yet to decide if I'll add it to a card base or leave it as a tag) that features one of my all time favourite stencils - Happy Flowers - and a sentiment from Bloom Happy.


Scattered Straw (to create a subtle glow in the flowers' centers), Tattered Rose and Shabby Shutters distress inks make for a soft, pastel palette.


STAMPlorations Products:

There you have it: my first Throwback Thursday #1 is a wrap!  I'll be back in February...and March!

Two reminders: 
  • Shery is offering a $15 gift code to one lucky winner who will be drawn from all comments left on the Throwback Thursday post for the month, as well as from my post, here.
  • If any of the products have caught your eye, I invite you to use my discount code - STAMPGIRLCAROLM - when you shop at the STAMPlorations Online Store (some great deals to be had!)

Thank you for dropping by!


19 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Great ideas! Love the frameless shaker card! Fun snowman tag for your Throwback Thursdays inspiration!

Glennis F said...

Great inspiration, I love them all!

Crafting Queen said...

Three super cards, love the frameless shaker card.

Becca Yahrling said...

I love that snowman shaker - so cute! All of your fun makes inspired by it are really fun. I love the pretty flowers. As well as the fun, frameless shaker (new to me!).

MadeByMeghanK said...

Love the shakers! Especially the snowman tag!

KT Fit Kitty said...

Awesome cards, especially the shaker! I just watched the video and can't wait to try it! Thank you for the inspiration! Really love the adorable snowman tag too!

I Card Everyone said...

All three of your NEW designs are adorable... but, I'm not sure you can 'out cute' the snow dude - nobody could!! xx
=]

Shelly said...

Oooh, these are all fabulous!!

Sue D said...

Wonderful variety of cards and cute snowman shaker tag.

Cath Wilson said...

Wonderful cards. The second is in one of my favourite 'feel good' colours, so I love it for that reason alone but I also love that stencil AND the skinny sentiments! Lovely.
Cath x

Jeanne said...

These cards are fabulous, Carol. I've been wanting ot make one of the shaker cards like your first one! I love it in action. Your second card is a wonderful color and I adore the movement of the circles. And finally, you are showing off your fantastic ink blending skills in the flower card! Love the colors and the softness. Thanks SO much for sharing, Carol! Big hugs!

Dana M said...

Wow, amazing projects! Fabulous designs and techniques. The shaker card is really cool and creative.

nancy dempsey said...

So pretty! Love the cards and the colors you chose.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

What a cutie-patootie snowman! Although he sure ate too much, LOL!

Lindsey said...

that original tag is very cute! And sparked such a great variety of new projects. That floral stencil is SO pretty the way you've used it!

Germaine said...

Great cards! The colors you selected are so fun. Nice job.

Valerija said...

Beautiful! I love your projects!
Valerija xx

Bobby said...

I love how you were inspired by your tag to make three completely different cards, Carol. I have a tendency to go too literal and need to follow your lead and think beyond the original.

Tina Z. said...

wow, stunning techniques and projects, I love shakers!