Friday, January 24, 2020

Just Us Girls Challenge #520~Photo Week...Butterfly Embossing and Stenciling

Hello,

Welcome to Just Us Girls Challenge #520, where our lovely Vicki has selected this lovely butterflies and blooms photo as this week's inspiration. Those butterflies...swoon!


Hard to believe that January is nearly over and with it, the final cards from our fabulously talented Guest Designers:  Mary Deatherage and Hannelie Bester! Thank you so much for amazing inspiration this month! Please check out their wonderful cards, along with those from the JUGS team: Sue, Angie, Vicki, Ina, Bobby, Nancy, Lisa, Maria and Cécile. They would love to know you dropped by.

While I have too-many-to-mention a few *ahem* butterfly stamps/dies/stencils in my collection, I recently watched a Crafters' Companion video featuring their 3D Embossing Folders and Stencils sets. A local retailer carries a variety and I succumbed to purchasing ONE (and only one! Truth!). I'm so easily influenced *grin*  Anyway, below is my card: embossed background and butterfly, then  distress ink stenciling over the butterfly. I definitely need more practice to do justice to the combination but, for now, I'm okay with the result for this challenge. The butterfly is also coated with Perfect Pearls for a lovely sheen which, in real life, makes it much more vibrant. No sentiment; it's one of those 'generic' cards that can be used for any occasion.


That's it from me; looking forward to seeing your photo-inspired projects in the gallery!

Thank you for dropping by!


12 comments:

Jeanne said...

You had me at butterfly! And a beautiful one at that. I wish I had a local retailer (other than box stores) to pop into and wander through! I think your card looks amazing. Thanks for sharing, my sweet friend!

Joyce said...

Gorgeous card. Love that stunning butterfly.

Lindsey said...

Pretty! I love the texture the embossing folder adds to the background, and the butterfly is beautiful.

Nancy said...

Gorgeous!! I so wish I would have left my card sentiment free! That soft EF background looks great!

Sue VanDeVusse said...

I love the soft embossed background with that big, beautiful butterfly! I love how you blended the colors giving that butterfly life!

Macimbalo said...

This is so pretty! I love that background and who needs a sentiment when you have such a gorgeous card!

Ina G said...

Beautiful butterfly Carol (and in purple) and the soft embossed background we all love. So very pretty!

Vicki Dutcher said...

That bfly stencil is amazing -- beautiful inspired card

Sue Lelli said...

LOVE the embossed BG and your stenciled butterfly is FAB!

Cécile Ribon said...

What a stunning design, Carol! This bold butterfly against the all white embossed background is fabulous!

Lisa Kind said...

Well nice to see you actually used a new purchase! I tend to buy and put aside then forget about them! I think you did a fabulous job with it. That butterfly is so pretty!

Bobby said...

Love the colors and texture, Carol. This is such a lovely card.